Fred- Bad dream

You lie awake at the Weasley's burrow, trying ever so desperately to get some sleep soon. You had been staying at the burrow for 4 days already, though you were going to stay another week or so, until term resumed. You didn't know why, but lately, you had been having some bad dreams and overall insomnia for the past couple days. You were sleeping in Fred's bed, as you two had been dating for almost 2 years now. When everyone returned back to Hogwarts, you were going to be a 6th year, while Fred was going to be a 7th year. Two nights ago, you had been unable to sleep the entire night, your sleep totaling to about three hours. Last night you slept for four hours, but was suddenly awoken by a bad dream, leaving you unable to sleep for the rest of the night. Tonight was a bit different. It was somewhere around 2:00 AM, your eyes fixated on the ceiling as you were unable to sleep. You weren't tired at all, but you didn't want to move around and risk waking Fred, because at least one of you was getting some sleep. Alas, your only option was to just remain motionless and hope that your slumber would eventually take you. In what felt like an hour and a half or so, you finally felt some sort of tiredness sweep over you. You closed your eyes and focused on sleeping. In fifteen minutes, you drifted off to sleep. As per usual, your mind entered dream land, though your dream wasn't at all bad or scary. You were at Hogwarts, casually walking down a staircase, minding your own business. It was a regular day, nothing was weird about it. Boom. Suddenly, there was an ear-shattering explosion from outside the castle. Everyone started running frantically, screaming and pushing people out of their way. You, like most people, ran outside to investigate. You ran as fast as you could towards where the explosion was heard, a large courtyard. After turning a corner, you stopped dead in your tracks as you were met with the frightening sight of Voldemort and his army. There was already a dark mark rising in the sky, and no one dared to speak or move. It was silent for three whole minutes until Voldemort spoke up.
         "I don't think there is any need for introduction, so without further ado, would you all like to see the show?" Voldemort said with an evil grin on his face. Everyone whispered to each other frantically, the panicked commotion starting again. Voldemort raised his wand, shouted a spell, and slashed his wand in the air violently. Suddenly, another explosion boomed, and from almost every corner of the castle, rubble exploded outwards. Walls were imploded, ceilings caved in, this was the most scared you had ever been in your life. Everyone instantly ran away in every which way, screaming and panicking. You ran back inside the castle, dodging pieces of rubble as the fell. Your main mission now was to find Fred. Though your voice was drowned out by everyone else screaming, you still yelled out for him, refusing to give up until you found him.
         "Fred!" You screamed at the top of your lungs, looking around frantically, pushing through people as you ran. "FRED!" You screamed again, unable to find him. As you watched the castle fold in on itself, you ran into a corridor that seemed pretty sturdy. "FRED!" You screamed as loud as you could. In the distance, you heard a faint, "(Y/N)!" coming from deep within the corridor you had just entered. "FRED?" you yelled back, following his voice.
         "(Y/N)!" You heard him yell more clearly. You were getting closer to him. You turned many corners, going deeper and deeper into this unfamiliar corridor. Through the dim light of the poorly lit corridor, you saw a tall figure, dressed in robes, with a faint glint of ginger hair. You ran towards him.
         "Fred!" You yelled in relief. You ran up to him, jumped up and hugged him tightly. Within a few seconds, there was a painful shock to your forearms which were wrapped around his neck. "OW! Fred? What was that for?" You asked him, an extremely confused look on your face. He wouldn't move, and he wouldn't say a thing, though his eyes were as big as moons and they were looking directly into yours. You had never seen Fred like this, and quite frankly, it scared you. "Fred?" You whispered, stroking his cheek softly. "What's wrong, love?" You whispered again, worry growing in your voice.
         "He's behind me." Fred whispered almost inaudibly. You tried to slowly peek behind him, but the man behind Fred stepped out before you could see him, causing you to jump back in fear. Voldemort stepped out from behind Fred. You wanted to run, but you wanted to stay. Your legs froze with fear. Voldemort was now standing beside Fred, holding his wand to Fred's neck.
         "Isn't this touching? Young love. I don't think there is a shadow of a doubt that I, the dark lord, will rise again. Just look at yourselves. It's useless trying to stay here and defend, when you will lose...everything." Voldemort said slowly, clearly, and menacingly. You were beyond confused at this point. You didn't know if Voldemort was going to kill you, make you join his army, or let you go. You had no idea. Slowly, Voldemort stepped away from Fred. You and Fred both shuddered in relief. However, that relief was short lived as Voldemort stepped next to you. Your breath hitched in your throat and you couldn't move, though you wanted to so badly. Voldemort slowly raised his wand and pointed it at you.
         "Petrificus Totalus." He muttered. You went stiff as a board. "Wingardium Leviosa." He muttered as well. You hovered about six inches off the floor. Once your screams were muffled, he started to work on Fred. "Crucio." Voldemort muttered with an evil smirk, violently flicking his wand. Fred yelled out in pain and fell to the ground. You floated there, sobbing and screaming, though most of your sounds were muffled. Voldemort scoffed as he watched Fred scream and yell in pain, writhing around on the floor. Voldemort slowly inched closer and closer to your face, wearing the most menacing, evil smile possible. He laughed in your face, then pointed his wand at Fred one more time. "Avada Kedavra." Voldemort whispered. And with a flash of green light, that was it. Fred was dead. You screamed muffled screams through the curse, tears rolling down your face. Voldemort whispered a spell that sent you falling down to the floor, able to move your limbs again. You could move as talk now, but still, Fred was dead. You fell on top of his body, screaming in agony.
         "FRED! FRED! NO, NO, LISTEN TO ME! COME BACK, COME BACK! FRED!" You yelled while hysterically crying. You turned him so that he was flat on his back, his last look of terror still etched on his face, and his eyes still wider than they've ever been. "Fred?" To whispered to him, your tears falling on his face and chest. You laid your hand on his chest softly, desperately trying to find a heartbeat. Minutes went by. Nothing. He was gone, and you had to accept that. You looked back into his terror-filled eyes, took two fingers, and closed them softly, instantly breaking back down and sobbing into his chest. As you cried, you heard a faint whispering.
         "(Y/N)." A voice whispered. You lifted your head and looked around the room, confused.
         "Yes?" You answered back, not really expecting an answer. Could it just be your imagination?
         "Wake up (Y/N)." The voice whispered smoothly. You wiped your eyes and scrunched your eyebrows in confusion.
         "But, I am awake." You answered back, still crying.
         "(Y/N)." The voice whispered a little louder this time.
         "WHAT?" You screamed back, annoyed that you could have even two minutes alone to mourn the love of your life.
         "(Y/N)." The voice whispered even louder this time.
         "(Y/N)." The voice was talking loudly.
         "(Y/N)." The voice was almost yelling.
         "(Y/N)." The voice screamed at you. You covered your ears.
         "STOP!" You screamed back to the ceiling, as that seems to be where the voice was coming from. You applied more pressure to your ears and scrunched your eyes together as tightly as you could, scrunching into a ball next to Fred.
         "(Y/N)!!" The voice shrieked. You were sobbing. You didn't know what was happening, but you desperately wanted it to stop.
         "NO!!" You screamed back, collapsing on Fred's body.
         "(Y/N)!!" The voice screamed at an ear-shattering level. You applied ever more pressure to your ears, sobbing hysterically and screaming.
         "SHUT UP!!" You screamed back. Suddenly, the next thing you knew, you shot up from the bed you were laying in with a sharp gasp of air, covered in sweat and tears, and continuing to breathe erratically. Fred was sitting next to you. It seemed like the voice in your dreams was Fred's voice trying to wake you up in real life, which subconsciously crossed over into your dream.
         "(Y/N)? You alright, love? What happened?" Fred asked slowly and worriedly, almost scared to touch you. You turned your head sharply and gasped in relief after seeing Fred sitting next to you, alive.
         "Oh my God!" You cried out, throwing your arms around Fred's neck, hugging him tightly, sobbing into his chest.
         "Shhhhh, shhhh, love. Calm down. Breathe. Shhhh." Fred whispered to you, holding you close to him, rubbing your back and stroking your hair softly, holding your head to his chest. You continued to sob, and soon after, your whole body started to shake. Fred tried his best to calm you down, though he knew that something was seriously wrong. "Shhhhhh, calm down. Breathe, love. Shhhhh." Fred said, rubbing your back and still stroking your hair, allowing you to calm down before he asked what was wrong. "What happened, love? Are you alright? What's all that about?" Fred asked, concern in his voice. Surprisingly, you found the strength within yourself to form coherent sentences, though they were shaky.
         "I had a dream t-that you were m-murdered by Voldemort right in f-front of me. But there was n-nothing I could do. You were d-dead." You said in an extremely shaky voice. You continued to sob into his shoulder.
         "Hey, look at me. Look at me, (Y/N)." Fred said, pulling away from the hug, only to cup your face and force you to look at him.
         "I'm right here, love. I'm right here. I'm not dead. I'm alive and I'll always be here, yeah?" Fred asked you. You nodded and a couple tears rolled down your cheek. Fred sweetly wiped them away and pulled you straight back into a secure hug. You were relieved that Fred was here, but you just couldn't stop crying. Seeing Fred get not only murdered, but tortured right in front of you was too emotionally scarring at the moment. You sobbed into his shoulder, and he continued to hold you, whispering in your ear and stroking your hair.
         "I'm sorry you have to see me like this." You whispered into Fred's chest.
         "Shhhhh, no, don't say that. You have no reason to be sorry, okay? Don't say that." Fred whispered, continuing to hold you for however long you needed. After about ten minutes, you had finally calmed down a bit. "Here, love. I've got something to make you feel better." Fred said, smirking. You pulled away from the hug, and he gently swooped in, kissing you sweetly and tenderly, being gentle with you. You melted into the kiss. That was exactly what you needed at that moment. Fred's lips were so warm and comforting. They made everything better. After the two of you pulled away, Fred looked into your eyes with hope.
"Feel better?" Fred asked, raising his eyebrows.
         "I think a bit more and I'll feel better." You replied, mustering a small smile. Fred laughed at your last comment, but still held your jawline securely in his warm hand, pulling you into a sweet, warm, comforting kiss. You had never seen this side of Fred's kisses. He usually wasn't slow and romantic, though you liked this new side of him. After what felt like hours, which you weren't complaining about, you two pulled apart, leaving the two of you breathing a bit heavily. You smiled at Fred after seeing his slightly swollen red lips through the pale moonlight.
         "Feel better now? Fred asked, raising an eyebrow.
         "Of course I do." You replied, smiling and leaning into him. Fred laid back down in the bed, wrapping an arm around your shoulder securely, allowing you to curl into his chest. You pulled the covers up to your neck and buried your face into Fred's chest, his gentle heartbeat and soft hands in your hair ultimately sending you into a deep and much-needed slumber