Fred- Christmas Magic

~Christmas Magic~

The Order’s headquarters was beautifully decorated with Christmas flair. A large tree in the corner of the living room was covered in shiny tinsel and ornaments, a few gingerbread houses here and there, stockings hung by the fireplace, and everyone there had a big smile on their face. 

Your boyfriend, Fred Weasley, had invited you to spend Christmas with him at the Burrow, and you happily agreed. Every time you visited the Burrow, the Weasleys always made you feel welcome. 

This Christmas, everyone was buzzing around, trying to get Christmas dinner finished. You were upstairs with Hermione and Ginny, simply chatting about the holidays. You always asked how their classes were and how much you would miss them once you leave, since this is your last year at Hogwarts. Then they would say that they’d see you a bunch after considering that you were dating Fred. 

Mrs. Weasley walked into the room you were in and gave you a smile.

“Could you girls tell everyone that dinner is ready?” She asked sweetly.

You nodded and so did Hermione and Ginny. You walked around upstairs, telling Harry and Ron to get going downstairs. 

Finally, you had gathered everyone and they all began making their way to the dining room. You were the last one down, and once you made it to the bottom of the staircase, Fred magically appeared in front of you. You jumped back in surprise, almost falling over.

“Fred Weasley! Don’t do that again!” You squeaked, letting out a laugh. Fred smirked.

“Hello, (Y/N). Enjoying the Christmas so far?” Fred asked, giving you a peck on the lips.

“I am. But we better get going for dinner,” You said with a smile. 

“Not yet,” He grinned. He gestured you to look above you, so you did, and you noticed that a mistletoe hung above you two. You chuckled and looked back at Fred.

He grabbed you by the waist and pulled you close to him, pressing his lips against yours. You kissed him back, a smile sneaking its way into the kiss.

Finally, you both pulled away, breathless. Fred smiled as if he had something on his mind. 

“What?” You asked, smiling also. 

“I have something to tell you, (Y/N)” Fred murmured.

“Okay… What is it?”

Fred took in a deep breath.

“(Y/N), these four years we’ve been dating have been the most fun and wonderful years of my life. I still remember how we met: I was trying to prank one of the teachers, but you ended up being the victim instead, and we had gone through that whole week pranking each other back and forth,”  Fred paused, laughing a little.

“But I want those years to last forever. (Y/N), I love you. So, I have a very important question to ask…" 

Fred got down on one knee and pulled out a small, blue velvet box. When he opened it, inside sat a beautiful, diamond ring. Your eyes became wide and your hands flew over to cover your mouth.

”(Y/N), will you marry me? And put up with my stupid shenanigans forever?“ 

You let out a laugh, a tear falling down your cheek. You couldn’t find the words to say yes, so you nodded, more tears running down your face. Fred smiled and slid the ring onto your ring finger. He stood back upp and you leaped into his arms, crying tears of happiness into his shoulder. You looked back up to him and he wiped away the remaining tears on your face before kissing you again. 

"Come on, they’re waiting for us,” Fred grinned, taking your hand in his. You both made your way into the dining room and sat down at the table, a smile still glued onto your face. 

“Finally! What took you two so long? I’m starving!” Ron groaned, looking at the feast that sat in front of him. You looked over at Fred and smiled.

“Alright everyone! Dig in! Merry Christmas!” Mrs. Weasley announced. You helped yourself to the food in front of you, and then your aunt Tonks noticed the ring on your left hand. Her eyes widened.

“Fred?! Did you do what I think you did?” She said louder than intended. Everyone turned their attention to you and Fred. 

He looked over at you and gave you a nod that said “show them.” You put your hand up and showed everyone the ring.

"Fred! You proposed!” Mrs. Weasley exclaimed.

Suddenly, all the girls ran over to you, and had already began to discuss wedding plans.

“Freddie!” George called out from the other side of the room. Fred walked over to George.

“Are you sure you know what you’re getting yourself into?” George said jokingly. Fred looked over at you and grinned.

“I know exactly what I’m getting myself into.”

~END~

39 days to go