♕ IV ♕

♕♕♕

Little was said between Harry and I after our exchange of names, but then again only a few minutes had passed and I wasn't feeling too talkative. I didn't exactly know what to say next. I mean what do you say to someone when you feel slightly guilty for yelling at them and then you're also hiding a large secret from them? All I know is that I don't want our names to be the last thing we say to each other, so I have to come up with something and quick.

I had just met this man, but already it felt different; different in a way that I had never felt like this with another person of the opposite sex.

There had been bachelors I met with during balls, dinners, and events, in the past but never did they stick around after our initial meeting, nor did I have the desire for them to stay. I have absolutely no interest in a man that's only pursuing me for my money, status, or looks. I want a real connection with someone, not just a relationship that looks good on the surface. I want someone who can make me laugh until my sides hurt, cry until I have no tears left, and smile until I can't feel my face. I want to experience the ups and downs with someone who will stick through it all. I want a happily ever after. After all what's a fairytale without a princess?

My parents have respected my opinion of marriage and relationships, thus not forcing me to mingle with too many eligible bachelors, of royal status or not. There is a significant pressure for me to marry, but not as much as there would be if I was required to be married to ascend to the throne. Although I do hope to be married by the time I rule; no one wants to be alone forever.

But I shouldn't be thinking too far ahead when I've only just met the man sitting at my side. I tend to do this: set my mind on something and then let the idea spiral out of control until I'm sneaking out of palaces and past guards.

"What station are you meeting your boyfriend at?"

"Piccadil- boyfriend?" Harry nods, an unreadable look on his face.

"Yeah, the blonde banging about on the windows earlier." A loud laugh erupts from deep within my gut as I think about Niall and I being together. Whilst there was that moment in the past where I had wished it were to come true, that's surely not the case now. We're nothing more than platonic friends and that's the way it shall stay.

"He's not my boyfriend." I can't help but detect a hint of relief in Harry's face as I admit that Niall and I are nothing but general acquaintances, but it's barely there. "We're just friends. He's actually supposed to be showing me around as I've never been to the city before." I've actually been to London quite a few times, but he doesn't need to know the boring details of those outings.

"Really? I couldn't tell." He jests, making me laugh again.

Should I be finding everything he says funny?

"I don't get out much, unfortunately; trying to change that."

"Well, welcome to London." His arms raise to motion around the train car. I look around the baren car, nodding my head and mimicking an impressed look as I take in the plastic seats, poster covered walls, and concrete surroundings whooshing by at a fast pace.

If I'm being honest, I was picturing the tube to be dirtier than it is. It's definitely not clean, that's for sure, but it's not covered in filth and odd people as I had thought it would be. Gwen's been on the tube before, but only once, and she described it as a truly horrific experience. She still has nightmares about it, but that's just Gwen being dramatic.

"It's nice."

"If you think this is nice, wait until you're above ground." His smile is contagious and I find myself matching my grin with his. I notice the two small dimples that poke out on his slightly stubbled cheeks and they make my smile even brighter. There's nothing better than a man with dimples. "Where're we going?" Harry asks, looking across the tube to the map of the various lines and stations.