♕ XIX ♕

emotional chapter ahead... beware xx

 beware xx

♕♕♕

They say all good things must come to an end eventually. I never really wanted to believe that, but reality is just that, reality, and sometimes you don't always get what you want. You have ups and you have downs and there are bumps in the road when you least expect them.

I decided on staying in London for a bit, avoiding my father as well as my duties. Finding out your father was, and probably still is, having people spy on you and your lover can put a real damper on a father-daughter relationship. There comes a point in a girl's life when the rebellious phase surfaces, apparently for me it's at the ripe 'ole age of twenty-six. Call me irresponsible to brush off everything in my life aside from my whirlwind romance, but this is something I deserve. There is some guilt that I took off without much of a word to anyone, but who can blame me. I can't help the positive mood I'm in nevertheless. The only way to mend a fractured heart is to eat, cry, and have sex, at least for my aching heart. Harry's been doing a wonderful job keeping me distracted, in more ways than one.

For instance, at this very moment we're seated in a nice bistro somewhere in the centre of London. Before today I don't think I'd ever been in a bistro, but I can't say I wasn't enjoying it. The food was delicious and the bistro itself quite beautiful. The space is quaint, filled with mahogany tables, dark wood chairs, and white leather booths. The interior, whilst dark in colour is rather inviting with the friendly faces of the staff and the accent wall behind me, lined with several flat-screen televisions to view sports games, the news, and even Peppa Pig.

"C'mon, try it!" Harry exclaims, holding his fork, with the dark, mushly looking food item on it, up to my pursed lips. I shake my head, practically shoving his hand away as I laugh obnoxiously loud. We can't help but to be that annoying, loud couple in the midst of a quiet and otherwise collected restaurant. "It's haggis; I can't believe you're British and you've never had haggis." He laughs, shaking his head. "It's not bad, I promise. See." With ease, he shovels the haggis that was on the end of his fork into his mouth, swallowing it happily.

"I believe you that it's not bad, but it looks absolutely disgusting." I turn my nose up at one of the breakfast foods Harry had chosen to order and then proceed to force me to try. I'm all for trying new things, but I have my limits when it comes to food items that looks like slop.

"Try it, for me, please." How do you say no to an overly attractive man giving you the best puppy-dog eyes the world has ever seen? Trick question, you don't.

"Fine. But if I vomit, you have to clean it up." With a roll of those precious emerald eyes, Harry lifts the fork back up to my mouth, offering the none too pleasing dish to my pallet. Like the baby I am when it comes to trying new foods, I shut my eyes and open my mouth, welcoming the haggis. The texture isn't something to write home about, but the flavour's not so bad.