♕ XXIV ♕

♕♕♕

Tommy's Pub didn't look any differently than the last time I'd been here, although for noon on a Saturday it was pretty packed. Lads, and some ladies, were sprinkled throughout the wooden interior, chomping on chips and sipping on brews. They paid no mind to me as myself and my entire crew entered the pub, only a few gave us some sideways glances before turning their attention back to the football match on the telly. The only human in this place that pays any mind to us is the young, unimpressed looking woman behind the bar.

Her platinum blonde locks are pulled up into a messy, long, ponytail and her face is painted in cosmetics. Her beauty is downplayed by the nasty look on her face as her eyes stare myself and my men up and down. As we approach her, her arms go from aiding her in leaning against the bar to crossing over her above average bust. Clearly she could care less about me or my people.

"What can I get you?" She's bold, or just plain rude, I cannot tell as of yet. Either she knows exactly who I am and she doesn't care or she has no clue of my significance in this country. The bartender now looks impatient, in addition to bored, with my lack of answer; but excuse me for being baffled with her attitude. "Are you going to order or are you just going to stand there? This isn't a place for loitering." At that comment, Niall takes a step forward towards the rude blonde, but my hand to his shoulder keeps him in place and from snapping.

"My apologies, madam." Kill her with kindness. "I am looking for your boss, or employer, Mr. Tomlinson. Is he in?"

A snort of sorts is expelled from her thin nose with the most subtle of eye rolls added in for effect. There's immediately a rage building within me and I've never wanted to stike a person more than I do now. The unfamiliar feeling of violence is new to me, foreign even.

"And who might you be?" She asks, racking her eyes up and down my figure as if my striped top and white flared pants disgust her. The way she's looking at me you'd think I'd be clad in less than appropriate clothes, like a bikini or something.

"Just a woman who needs to speak with Mr. Tomlinson, sooner rather than later." I choose to keep my identity to myself, even if it would get me further in this conversation. Although, with her distaste towards me I think she'd merely disregard my status even after knowing it.

"First of all, he hates being called that, so cut it out before he hears you," if she thinks she can intimidate me, she's mistaken, "and secondly, he's busy." I've had just about enough of this woman; my brain already trying to figure out if it's inhuman to have my men, or the police, arrest her.

I have to take a few deep breaths to bury the surge of anger within my gut. If I wasn't a master of class and deception, "faking it until you make it", then it would be harder to control. With another deep breath, I straighten myself out and take a step closer to the bar, so close that I can smell her floral perfume.

"I do not care that he is busy, because, believe me, so am I." I retort, placing my hands on the bar as I stare over and down at her. "It would be in your best interest, madam, to go and get your boss before I go and get him myself. I'd rather not make a bigger scene than I already have by my being here." I mention, glancing around the room to see my men spread throughout the pub. Patrons of the pub are starting to notice my presence, their stares meeting my gaze as I comb through them. "If you don't go and get him in the next -"

"Louis!" Her sudden shout causes me to jump a little but ultimately smirk. It would appear that the stern glare on Niall's face and him taking a closer step towards her startled her a bit. "Get your fat årse out here; there's some broad looking for you!" An smug look ghosts over her face as an exasperated thank you leaves my snarled lips.