♕ X ♕

♕♕♕

"You're mad, Mabel, absolutely mad. Do you have any idea what you're asking of me? I could get into so much trouble. Mother and father will..." Just as quickly as the scolding began, it seized, "ah who am I kidding, I don't bloody care."

With Gwen seeing Jay in secret for more than a year now, I figured coming to her to sneak me out was the next best option to Niall and Charlotte. She knows the inner workings of this place, just like Niall, but she had more connections to the outside world and enough dirt on her personal guards to make them do whatever she wants. Now, I don't condone blackmail, but Gwen apparently does. I'd come up with a basic plan of attack, hoping Gwen could fill in the gaps where necessary.

"Great, here's what I got..."

This time instead of disappearing during nightfall I decided to carry this plan out during the day; it'd be less expected and with Gwen on my hip my father wouldn't have much arguing to do. Gwen and I, and her personal guards, would leave the palace for a day of shopping. Now usually I could care less about shopping, but with the excuse of a abroad trip to Thailand (for a brief meeting with political heads and the King of Thailand) I could use some new clothes. Thankfully for me, there wouldn't be much shopping on my end.

"I think I can get Liam and Alex to turn the other cheek and distract the other guards whilst you have your rendezvous with Harry. It won't be easy to convince them after what happened with Niall, but I'll see what I can do." Gwen looks deep in thought as she sits at her vanity, brushing her long locks out after a hard day. "What are you going to do about your appearance?"

"I've been brushing the wig out since I last took it for a spin and the glasses are in impeccable shape still. I'll just wear a pantsuit and blazer and pretend I got out early from work to come see him."

"What does he think you do?" Oh right, I haven't told her all the details of my back story.

"He thinks I'm a solicitor." The look on Gwen's face says it all. She thinks I'm crazy, no doubt about it.

"You've officially gone mad. You don't know the first thing about law."

"I've been studying up in case any questions are to arise and I choose a solicitor because they don't have to appear in court." I've always been one for studying, as sad as that sounds. School and lessons came naturally to me as a child, thus why I chose to actually go to university. Okay, I didn't actually physically go to university, but I got my diploma in International Business and Affairs from Oxford. Being a royal does come in handy from time to time.

"I always thought you were a goody-goody, Mabel. I'm glad you're breaking those barriers and finally doing something exciting with your life. We've never been closer, the two of us." Gwen continues to brush her silky hair and hum a tune whilst she thinks. I don't bother her much, just wait patiently until she tells me her plans or kicks me from her room.

Our rooms mirror each other's, but even with the layout being the same our rooms couldn't look more different. As I've gone for the classier, modern elegant look, Gwen's gone for a chic art-deco vibe. Black and white photographs line bold navy walls with white crown-molding. Her furniture is sleek dark wood with bold curves, and geometric patterns for it's finishing touches. Her room is dark, mine is very light.

"I've got it!" Gwen exclaims, setting her brush down on the surface of her vanity. She spins around in her seat to face me, a wide grin on her lips. "I met this wonderful man by the name of Pierre Boudreaux at a party a few years ago. He owns a boutique in Mayfair and he's also a bit of a designer. You dress for the day as if we're really going shopping, but you bring along a garment bag full of your disguise. The guards, who aren't clued in, will think you just want Pierre to tailor something for you."