♕ XXIII ♕

the above photo is what I'm trying to explain, sort of, but the actual picture would be the end result of Mabel's phone's camera

... the above photo is what I'm trying to explain, sort of, but the actual picture would be the end result of Mabel's phone's camera...

♕♕♕

As usual, Gwen put a lot into perspective for me. We don't have the typical sisterly relationship that most do, but we're also not your typical sisters. Whereas for most, the big sister does the comforting and advice giving, in our family it's the younger girl helping out her big sister. I don't know why it took her barging into my room, slapping me around a bit, and then yelling at me to snap out of my pathetic phase, but regardless of the methods it worked.

I stopped acting like a whiny teenager and started acting like the mature adult that I am in most instances. After one last night of pouting, but this time with Gwen keeping me company, I got back to work, sorting out what I had missed and calming myself down from the overdramatic figurative rut I was stuck in. To say that some of the officials in the palace who had worked underneath my father for years were annoyed with me would be an understatement. Apparently they didn't realize that sometimes women just need time to themselves once and a while to heal and have everything put in perspective for them.

I tried my best not to think about Harry, which was easier said than done. With every movement he was there with me in the back of my mind, in the depths of my heart, and even on the screen of my Mac desktop. It took many a shake of the head and interruptions from Gwen to help me even remotely focus on the tasks at hand. Important meetings were to be attended, trips were to be scheduled, and coronation banquets were to be planned, and none of those things could happen with a love-drunk mind.

There was one task that Charlotte helped me complete that involved him, but other than that I tried to keep my mind void of the handsome being who had luckily crept into my life.

"I need you to order two bouquets of white tulips and have them delivered to Harry; twelve tulips to his flat and twelve to his office. I want there to be a note on them both, identical." Charlotte looked lost for a moment with the demand out of the blue, but nevertheless accepted it with a smiling face.

"What would you like the note to say?" I sad smile comes to my lips as I stare ahead at my computer screen, a photo of Harry permanently as my backdrop. It was taken one morning in bed. I had sat straddling his waist as he lay flat in the center of the mattress, eyes shut yet a beautiful smile on those pink lips. I don't think he ever knew I took a photo of him, but I had and it was forever my wallpaper.

"White tulips are a symbol of apology."

That was the last time I fully allowed myself, purposefully, to think about Harry whilst I worked.

In the late hours of the evenings over the course of the next week, Niall, Charlotte, Gwen, and myself discussed my plans to apologize, yet again, and hopefully win back Harry. Things couldn't be done overnight, especially if I wanted to leave the palace safely; navigational routes had to be planned and guards had to be prepped, and that was just the tip of the iceberg.