♕ XIII ♕

♕♕♕

A whole month goes by and I haven't seen Harry with my own two eyes since our last encounter at his place. As promised we keep in touch via phone calls every night, but I haven't had the time to sneak out to see him. Our conversations appear to grow longer in length the longer we know each other. What started out as hour long conversations have turned into conversations lasting up to four hours in length on occasion. I guess that's what happens when you don't ever get to see each other.

My life outside of Harry has carried on as usual. I attend many meetings during the week focusing on anything from charities I have formed or give to, to international affairs on the behalf of my father; my trip to Thailand went off without a hitch and I was allowed some time to relax in the sun, giving my skin a soft sun-kissed look as opposed to its usual pale nature; and I have many other international trips now set for the near future.

Work keeps me busy, keeps my mind off Harry for the most part. When I'm at work, I try not to think about Harry and Mary, I try to keep that part of my life separate, though it's very hard. I had tea with the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Sussex just last week, where talk of my relationship status was discussed, that was the hardest it's been trying to separate my personal and "professional" life. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm struggling.

There are have been times, after long meetings, hard days, or just days where I'm bored to death and I want to leave the palace and go to Harry, regardless if he finds out the truth or not. I want to show up on his doorstep and stay there for an undisclosed time. It's getting harder and harder to lie, to him and myself. I keep telling myself everything will work out and that we'll be okay, but I don't think we will once I tell him. I know I need to do it soon, but at the same time I'd rather live in pain and guilt than to admit I'm a big, fat liar.

No one ever said that dating was easy.

Today I hope my duties distract me from thinking too much about him, usually children are a good distraction, they have been in the past. I'm visiting a primary school so that I can read to the children and talk about how important books are for them, an initiative that I began a year or so ago. I may do more puzzles than reading in my free time, but I still think literature is important to the developing mind.

"Have a wonderful day, dear." Mother tells me as I'm being escorted from the house towards the awaiting town car.

"You as well, mother." From what she said at breakfast, her day is jam-packed with tea with a friend from Scotland, lunch with the Duchess of Cornwall, and ultimately a game of tennis with her trainer before retiring home before family dinner. She lives such an exciting life that woman, hint the sarcasm.

The ride to Soho Parish Primary School is long and tedious, filled with reading emails, listening to Niall's dry jokes and Charlotte's banter with him, and watching landscapes pass outside the car window.

Niall was allowed to come back to work, returning last week. When he showed up outside my room that first morning I practically screamed with joy as I jumped into his arms. He said that my father had changed his mind on keeping him from me, stating that I was treating the new security poorly and that he noticed my happiness had diminished since his temporary departure. Little did my father know that the truth behind that unhappiness was due to another man in my life. Nevertheless I welcomed Niall back with open arms.

"Almost there, your highness."

"Thank you, Niall." I hand Charlotte my phone to hold on to, because I lack pockets and a bag, as I take deep breaths to prepare myself for the chaos that is to come. Charlotte gives me a pat on the knee, helping me smooth out the white pencil skirt I've paired with a black and white checkered silk top. What can I say? I dress more like Meghan Markle than I do Kate Middleton.