♕ XVI ♕

♕♕♕

I awake to an empty bed, the sound of light humming, and the smell of freshly cooked bacon. When my eyes open to the world I feel a hung-over sensation, though I've not had any alcohol in about a week's time. The light from the outside world shines brightly through sheer grey curtains hung on the rod above the large window. I rub my squinting eyes as I sit, a slight wince is released, the activities from the night before causing me to be sore.

Images of his body hovering over mine flash before my memory, drawing a smile onto my lips in the process. I want to giggle to myself, celebrate the advance we made in our relationship last night, but I keep my emotions inward. Thinking back to last night is almost too much for my delicate mind, the mere thought of his hands over my body, lips marking my skin, and our bodies intertwined creating a subtle dampness below.

The sheets are clutched to my chest and I debate whether I want to get up or if I want to stay in this bed all day. The time on the clock already reads eleven am, meaning I only have thirty-three hours left with him. I decide to get up, inwardly groaning at the feeling between my legs as I stand at full height. My eyes widen at the small, yet noticeable, red dots decorating the otherwise grey sheets.

Fuck.

Pulling on yesterday's knickers and an oversized tee of Harry's I saunter over to the bathroom. I stop in front of the mirror on the way to the toilet, admiring the woman I see staring back at me. She looks more lively than I remembered her to be. Her eyes shine bright and she appears to be glowing. Her hair, which doesn't belong to her, sits ruffled atop her head, but otherwise intact. She looks happy.

"Good morning." Is the first thing I hear when I exit the bathroom. My eyes take in the shirtless man standing on his side of the bed. The sheets are no longer on his bed, the bare mattress facing the world as a tray of steaming food sits comfortably atop the surface. Harry smiles widely at me, his eyes raking my body, hidden beneath his shirt. "I like your shirt."

"Thank you." I act coy, glancing to the shirt before sitting down on the mattress. "I borrowed it from my boyfriend." I joke, but my mind is elsewhere. An embarrassed rouge lights up my features as I think back to the soiled sheets that were once here and how he must have seen them, thus the reason for them missing. "I'm sorry about -"

"Don't." He interupts, quickly sitting down across from me, his hand connecting with my chin to bring my face up so that I can fully look at him. "I hated those sheets anyways." I roll my eyes at him and sigh heavily.

"You threw them out?" He simply shrugs, before instructing me to lean back against his headboard. I do as he says and as soon as I'm comfortable the tray of food is placed on my lap.

"I'm kind of lazy when it comes to doing the washing." He jokes, making me smile reluctantly.

"Yet not lazy enough to cook me breakfast in bed." There's a slight blush that comes across his cheeks and it just makes me like him that much more. "Thank you, Harry."

"Don't mention it, lovely." He leans over, pressing a kiss to the corner of my mouth, and oh how I wish it lingered longer.

We sit together, devouring the delicious breakfast he made for us. There was a stack of pancakes, five high, with confectioners' sugar and syrup coating the layers with their sweet goodness. He even took the liberty of cutting up fresh fruit, from strawberries to kiwis and everything in between. The bacon sat lonely at the side, only I partaking because he's kind of a vegetarian, but he made it because he remembered my love for the crispy strips.

"What do you have planned for the day?" The food tray has been sitting on the floor, bare, for the last twenty minutes whilst we take the time to have a cheeky snuggle. His arm is wrapped tightly around me, holding my body to his, as my head rests on his shoulder, eyes falling closed.