♕ IX ♕

happy holidays xx

♕♕♕

There's nothing more dreadfully nerve-wracking than sitting with your phone pressed to your ear, listening to daunting dial tones ring out and echo against your eardrum. The anxiety of waiting for the person to answer or send you to voicemail can weigh you down, especially if you have a "crush" on said person.

I wouldn't categorize myself as one to have crushes; they're so secondary school - unless we're talking about Park Hyung-Sik from that K-drama Strong Girl Bong Soon - but I can't deny the crush-like feelings I have towards Harry. I've known him less than twelve hours and already I can imagine us together for a lifetime. It's not healthy, the way my mind fantasizes, but I can't get myself to stop or slow down. For now I just have to take it one step at a time; one phone call at a time; one lie at a time.

"Mary?"

Forgotten are the worries in my head as I hear his husky voice through the telephone. A bubbling rises in my stomach just hearing the way he says my name and a flutter rushes through my quickly beating heart. I know I just saw him this morning, but what I wouldn't give to have another intimate moment with him again. I want to hold him in my arms, kiss those precious heart-shaped lips, and relish in his godly presence.

"Hello, Harry."

I picture a smile on his face when I say those words to him, which in turn brings a smile to my face; it's an endless cycle. My heart leaps in my chest at the mere thought of his wide-toothed grin, dimples forming on his slightly stubbled cheeks. I may be biased, but Harry has one of the most beautiful smiles known to mankind.

"Did you make it home alright?"

"Unfortunately." A sigh leaves my lips as I try to not think about the events of this morning. "My sister was not too keen on my disappearance from last night so I received a mouth-full when I returned."

"But you're an adult, can't you do whatever you want?"

"You would think that. Plus, I'm also her older sister, so I shouldn't really be babied, should I?" I joke, hearing a deep laugh cascade through the phone harmonizing with my own. "She was only worried about me when I wasn't home. There aren't many nights where I go out or am out later than midnight."

It scares me how easy lying comes. The words almost automatically spill from my lips as if they were truthful. I wish I were a shįte liar so I wouldn't even have the option to lie; but if that were the case, then Harry and I wouldn't have become as close as we did in such a short amount of time.

"Well, I hope I didn't get you into too much trouble with your sister."

"I think it was worth it."

Usually I'm not this suave with my words either. Ask me to give a speech on the union between the Royal Family and our family, I can give one masterful long spiel about our past, our present, and our future. Ask me to talk smoothly with a cute boy and I'm usually out of luck, although I would say this is going swimmingly.

"What have been up to this fine Saturday?"

I don't get much of a glimpse into the life of a quote-unquote normal person. What do they do on Saturdays? What do they eat and when? Do they stay in bed all day and drink all night? All I know is from the accounts of Charlotte, who barely takes a day off; Niall, who spends his Saturdays in bed with his lady; and the copious amounts of Netflix specials I find myself binging on the weekends.

"I'm actually 'round Louis' pub." He answers and like a switch is flipped I can vaguely hear chatter in the background, but it's quiet, as if Harry is standing at the edge of the room and away from the crowd. "Didn't get up to much after you and your friend left. I iced my head a bit, ate some brekkie, read a book, and now I'm here." I'm back to feeling bad about earlier, though I don't think that guilt will ever really leave. It can lay dormant as much as it wants, but I don't think it'll just disappear.