♕ VII ♕

♕♕♕

Abrupt knocking of a clenched fist against wood is what wakes me in the morning, not the gentle beating of Harry's heart against my back, not the blinding sunlight peeking through his blinds, not the erratically repetitively sound of my alarm, but an overabundance of horrid, repetitive knocking.

Not much time passes between the knocking beginning and Harry and I being startled awake, looking as if we've just been caught doing something incredibly risque. My eyes don't have much time to adjust to the brightness of the room before Harry is grumbling incoherently and rising towards his door, leaving me to sink further underneath the thick blanket that was draped around the both of us.

My memory of the night before is rather intact for how much I drank. I remember clubbing, acting like wild teenagers, and I most definitely remember returning to his flat, acting then like the bold adults we are, or strive to be. My cheeks immediately blush at the thought of what happened last night and I thank the heavens that it wasn't just some magnificent wet dream. We didn't go all the way, but we went further than I would have if I was sober. Whilst I should, I don't regret what happened.

"Who the hęll are you?" I hear Harry yell from the around the corner, my attention snapping towards the direction Harry disappeared in. My eyebrows furrow at the interaction with the unknown person, a small amount of fear rising in my chest at who it could be. In general, I try not to let paranoia get to me, but it's hard not to when you have the name that I do.

What if it's a robber? A murderer? Oh God, what if it's the press?

"Hey!" I jump at the sound of Harry's slightly distressed voice and jump up from the couch when I hear a loud thump, disregarding the fact that I'm practically naked as I stand to my feet and cower in place.

My guard is up as I hear the fast-paced footsteps near the living room, my body frozen in fear as I wait for whomever it is to come. I begin to plan my next move: diving over the couch and hiding from the unknown guest, but I don't make it very far before the person comes into a view. A gasp leaves my lips as soon as the person turns the corner, eyes glaring red from anger as my own widen in realization of my own stupidity.

Oh shįt.

"Mary!"

My eyes immediately flicker to the clock underneath the telly another loud gasp leaving my lips as I see the time, 8:29. In my drunken stupor last night I completely forgot to set an alarm to get to the station by eight. I promised Niall one thing last night and I couldn't keep it. There's absolutely no way we're going to make it back to the palace before anyone notices I'm gone. I'm absolutely screwed.

My father is going to lock me in my room until I'm well into my fifties, or he may never let me leave. My mother is going to scream until she turns blue in the face, maybe even until I turn blue in the face. The director of our security team is going to chew me out for my decisions, mistakes, and utter stupidity. I'm absolutely dead; I'll be staring at four walls until I'm old and grey. If we had a dungeon, I'm 100% sure I'd be thrown in it.

"Niall, I am so sorry." I blubber out, starting to freak out beyond my normal level of calm.

Niall looks me up and down, his eyes immediately shifting away from my practically nude body, out of respect, towards Harry who has entered the room rubbing the back of his head. If it weren't for the chaos of the situation I'd probably be panicking at two men seeing more of my body than I'd like, but for now I couldn't care less.

"Mary, do you know this guy?"

For the first time since waking, I get a glimpse of Harry and all his glory. He's lacking a shirt and pants and looks like an actual Adonis. He's more sculpted than I truly remembered and the sight before me makes my mouth water. His muscles almost ripple as his arm is scratches the back of his head, his bicep strong and covered in a layer of black-scribbled tattoos. His once tidy hair is messily splayed all over his head, a few strands falling in front of his eyes. Even with the look of absolute confusion upon his features and sleep in the corner of his eyes he still looks incredibly fit.