17. Email/ Real Life

To: Nina Dobrev

From: Julie Plec

Subject: TVD Finale

Date: November 5th,2016 7:45 pm

____________

Good evening Nina,

       How you doing tonight? I hope everything is going well on your end. Glad to know that you're doing much better after the accident. The reason for this letter is to ask you a very important question.

       As you may know the vampire diaries is coming to its end and the show would not be the same without you in it so we were hoping to have you come back as both Elena and Katherine for the final episode of the series.

       Everyone on set has been wanting you to make your return to the show for the season finale and due to many things happening at once I haven't been able to contact you until tonight. Please let me know if you're interested in reclaiming your roles for the finale.

      I have sent you a preview of the last episode to see if you would be interested in it. If you have any questions don't hesitate to call or email me.

     Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Julie Plec.

_____________

Nina didn't need to think it over as she was typing a reply to Julie's email stating that she'd love to return for the finale episode as she wanted to say an official goodbye to her character on the show where she met amazing people and the love of her life. She got a reply instantly letting her know that she'll be getting the rest of the script within the next few weeks as they were still filming episode 7 which will air December 9th and by then everyone will be on break for a few weeks before returning to set to film the mid season finale episodes.

Nina couldn't wait to announce her return to the show after she had left at the end of season 6 nor could she wish to tell her friends specially Ian that she was coming back. They're going to be so happy to film with her again as much as she was happy to film with them.

It's been roughly a month to the day since the accident and Nina was feeling a lot better than she had the first week after being discharged. Ian and her family had been incredible in helping her as recovered. She had to force in to go back to Atlanta to film the last episode before break.

She had already finished filming both of her movies that were due to premiere in 2017 but different months one in January and the other in September.

A knock on the door brought Nina out of her thoughts and roll her eyes when a moment later the door opened. She looked over her shoulder and smiled when she saw Ian putting his suitcases by the door as he closed it.

"I thought you were going to call before coming here" she said pushing form her chair and walking over to him and Ian smiled holding his arms open for her to walk into them enrich she did before leaning down and giving her a small peck on the lips. Both decided to keep their renewed relationship on the down low for a few until the news of Ian and Nikki's divorce.

"I know but I couldn't really wait to see you so I just drove here as soon as I landed" Ian said once they pulled back and Nina hummed leading him to the sofa and sitting down

"So I have something to tell you" she started and Ian raised a brow getting comfortable on the sofa

"Yeah? And what is that?" He asked and watched as Jonás face lit up with a big smile

"Julie emailed me and asked me to return for the season finale" she said and Ian couldn't help but pull his girlfriend into a hug as a big smile grew on his own face at the news

"Seriously?" He asked once they pulled back and she nodded

"Yeah. She sent a little while ago and I sent her my reply that it would be an honor to return so she sent me the script." She replied and Ian was beyond shook to have Nina back onset. Hell everyone will be excited when they ear about her returning to the show.

"Everyone will be so happy when they fin-" Ian didn't e en have time to finish his sentence when Nina's phone began ringing and he chuckled as she grabbed it and accepted the video call

"OMG!" Candice and Kat screamed once she picked up while Paul and Michael rolled their eyes

"Julie just told us the news" Paul said and Nina and Ian  laughed

"Ian was just about to say that you guys would be excited rehén you get the news" Nina said making them laugh

"He practically flew out of the building when we finished filming our scenes" Candice said giving him a pointed look and Ian shrugged

"I'll be back to film the wedding scene next week anyway" he replied

"Whatever" She huffed

"When are you coming back to film your scene?" Paul asked Nina

"February" the starlet replied and they nodded

"It's going to be great having you back on set Neens" Kat added with a smile, "We've all missed you so much on set. Like yeah you were here just to watch but it's not the fame as having to film with you"

"I missed everyone on set too. When Julie emailed me about coming back I didn't even have tot bunk over it and accepted." Nina said with a smile leaning back on the sofa so Ian was also on the screen

"We can't wait to film with you again" Candice said before changing the subject, "have you guys decided on when you're going to come as a couple?"

"No. We both agreed to let things settle down before we announce our relationship. People will start taking and start assuming things that aren't true" Ian said and they nodded.

Even though they agreed to not tell announce their relationship to the public, they did tell their families and friends as well Nikki who was happy for the two of them and she had told them that she had gotten back with Paul, her ex-husband and just like Ian and Nina agreed to keep the relationship a secret from the media, and they all agreed to not say anything.

"I hate that people are so close minded that they'll start up anything just to get others talking. Have you thought about how you're going to sneak into the premier without getting caught?" Kat asked

"Aren't you all going to be at the premiere as well?" Nina asked with an amassed smile as Kat gave them a sheepish grin

"Oops, I forgot about that" she chuckled

"I figured" Nina teased. If Nina was being honest she missed having these types of conversations with them and she was also worried about that people will say when Ian and Nikki both show up at the premiere but she also knew that Nikki and Ian were both professionals and know how to handle the press.

"Alright then, we're going to let you guys be and head to be since it's one am" Candice said as she yawned and then all nodded their agreements wishing them a goodnight before the screen went black once they had all disconnected the call.

"We should go to bed too" Nina días as she turned her phone off and Ian nodded and with that said the couple went to Nina's room and climbed into bed, Ian was already dressed in a pair of sweat pants and t-shirt when he arrived so he didn't need to change and Nina was already wearing her pajamas.

"Night" she murmured as she rested her head on Ian's chest and he pulled her closer to him, pressing a kiss to her forehead

"Night angel. Love you"

"Love you too"