170. Real Life

"Did you see the news?" Nina asked Ian as she entered the living room with Arrow asleep in her arms and he nodded with a sigh patting the spot beside him and she sat down, "Did you call your parents to see how they're doing?"

"Yeah, just got off the phone with Dad a little while ago and he said that he and mom had gone to the store to get some groceries and that everything was practically gone" he replied with a sigh and Nina nodded, "what about you? Did you call your parents?"

"Yeah they said practically the same thing" she answered and he nodded, "we at least got away before it got worse"

"You could say that again" he said as he rubbed Arrow's forehead making the three month old frown before settling back down and snuggling closer to Nina who smiled down at his peaceful face, "Im going to check in Blaire"

"Okay, I'll make us something to eat while you do that" Nina said as she stood back up before walking over to the portable crib in the corner and softly laying Arrow down on it while Ian headed upstairs to check on their soon to be 2 year old who was currently napping. She leaned down and pressed a kiss on the infant's forehead before heading into the adjacent room to start lunch.

Not long after she entered the kitchen did Ian walk in holding a barley awake toddler with her hair disbelieved while rubbing her eye with a tiny fist.

"Mama" she mumbled and Nina couldn't help but smile at the little girl who was the exact replica of the man in front of her. Both had bright blue eyes and though the inky difference between them was the hair, Blaire was Ian's exact copy just like Arrow was Nina's -according to their friends and family- but she didn't really see it.

"Did you have a good nap?" Nina asked waking over and rubbing her back while tucking away the soft curls away from her face and Blaire nodded before letting out a soft yawn, "I'm making your favorite it'll be done in two minutes so why don't you go play a little bit with Daddy and I'll come get you both in a bit?"

Blaire nodded her little head and demanded that her dad take her to the living room where her toys were currently tucked away in their toy box before they were being tossed around the carpeted floor and Nina sighed before shaking her head and went back to the stove before finishing cooking lunch.

Once lunch was done, Nina set the table before going into the living room to get her husband, daughter and their now wide awake 3 month old son. While Nina fed Arrow, Ian helped Blaire with her food before eating his own food.

"Go see gwaff?" Blaire asked once they were done and Nina looked over at Ian who shrugged, they were currently safe and sound from the virus that had been spread in across the the US and other counties.

"Sure Angel" he replied a second later among the little girl squeal in joy making parents smile at her excitement. Once they had cleared the table with Ian putting the dishes in the dishwasher, the pair when upstairs with their kids to get them ready to go.

"Alright ready to have a fun at the zoo?" Ian asked once they were all freshly dressed and strapped into their seats

"YES!" Blaire yelled clapping her hand which caused Arrow to whimper and Nina placed a finger over her lips to silence her while patting Arrow in the chest to stop him from crying and Blaire gave her a sheepish grin before cover on her mouth with her little hands, "Sowwy"

"It's alright babe, now don't make loud noises okay?" Nina asked and Blaire nodded and so the family of four made their way down the road of their vacation house in South Africa where they had gone to on vacation for Nina's birthday and have stayed their since it was safer for them after news had broken out about the new virus having reached the US.

It was shocking to see how many people have died due to the virus and though it worried both Nina and Ian due to the fact their families were back in the states and they didn't really know just how bad things actually were back home even if they did see it on the news.

"And we are here" Ian said breaking Nina out of her thoughts and she looked out the window to see that they were indeed in front of the safari that was half an hour away from their home.

"Yay" Blaire squealed as Ian parked the car and got out before helping her out while Nina did the same.

"Alright in you go" Ian stated as he paced the two person stroller in front of them before placing her in and strapping her before doing the same with the car seat that held a sleeping baby, "got everything?"

"Yeah" Nina answered and so with that said, the family of four made their way towards the entrance, greeted the lady at the window and got their tickets before heading inside and going to the first exhibit which was then lions.

"And she is out" it was 3 hours later when the family returned home and put the kids down before meeting back in the living room to relax.

"She has sure enjoyed the safari" Nina said laying her head on Ian's shoulder and closing her eyes he began playing with her hair

"She sure did. Specially when she got to pet the baby tiger" Ian stated pressing a kiss to her temple

"I'm worried" Nina whispered after a few seconds of silence

"I know, but we'll be okay as long as we keep everything clean and don't come in contact with anyone who is sick whether it's just a flu or not" he said and she nodded, "come on, let's go to bed because I've got a feeling tomorrow is going to be a long day just like today was"

"I couldn't agree more" and so they turned their tv off, made sure their windows and doors were locked and the alarm was on before making their way upstairs to their own bedroom which was across from Blair and Arrow's room.

"Night, love you"Nina whispered as they laid in bed cuddled up to each other

"Love you too" Ian replied and soon they were out of it in a blink of an eye not knowing that come morning their day will be filled with an overly energetic toddler and the most peaceful baby they have ever known.

an I usually don't put authors notes at the end of my social media books but this one is specially important. Please please stay home not just for you but for your loved ones and everyone around you. Right now the world is facing an epidemic that is taking lives every second of every day because people are being irresponsible and not listening to authorities. So again please stay home and always wash your hands. I'll try to update as much as I can while being quarantined at home. I'm fine just to let everyone know. Also I recently found out I'm pregnant and I couldn't be happier which also means that I won't be able to write any books for a while once the baby is born so pelar bare with me as I try to write as much as I can while I still can.

Also thank you for the support you've shown me over the years I really appreciate every single one of you and I have you all in my thoughts and prayers during these difficult times we're all facing. Love you all and pelas estay home.

xoxo

~Cx