50. Real Life

"Were we expecting anyone?" Nina asked as the bell rang and Ian looked up before shaking his head and she nodded before going to go check and when she opens the door she was surprised to see Kat, Michael, Paul and Candice with her husband and kids all standing on the other side of the door, "Um, hi?"

"Hi Neens, don't tell us you forgot that we made plans to watch episode 15 together" Kat said and Nina's eyes widened because she had in fact forgotten about that and gave them all sheepish grins before letting them in closing the door behind them then flowed the group to the living room to join Ian.

"You too?" Paul asked with a chuckle

"Oops?" The pair replied and they all shook their heads with chuckles

"Alright, the episode doesn't start for another two hours what do you all want to do until then?" Candice asked as she bounced her daughter in her hip

"Can we watch Supergirl?" One of Candice's step daughters asked and they all shrugged in agreement so they all settled down on the living room with Ian and Nina going to the kitchen to prepare snacks and drinks for everyone. After they grabbed everything they could find in the kitchen, Ian and Nina returned to the living room pacing the trays of snacks down on the coffee table so their friends could dig in.

An hour later, the sound of Paul's voice filtered through the speakers as it recounted the episode from last week.

"This episode is going to be so good" Paul said as they all got comfortable on the sofa.

——————-

"By the way, I think you may have gone a little bit overboard with the number of compelled guests." Stefan asked as as they walked down the isle towards the altar

"Well, I mean, Stefan, it had to look authentic. Katherine knows your girl's not gonna have a small, intimate gathering." Damon says as they watched

"Ah." Stefan replies looking around the yard

"Traditional opening waltz of the Founder's Ball. The exact same one you and Katherine danced to in 1864. She won't be able to resist." Damon states as the musicians begin playing a waltz as they waited for the ceremony to begin.

Bonnie and the twins, Josie and Lizzie made their way down the stone steps which made Damon nod his head towards them to let Stefan know it was time and Stefan turned his head towards the three girls walking down the isles with the twins tossing flowers as they walked down. At the top of the stone steps was Caroline in her wedding gown and it took Stefan's breath away. He could feel his eyes sting as he watched the love of his flow make her way to him and he watched as her lips formed into a smile as she walked towards him. The guests all watched with smiles at the bride as she made her way towards the groom.

Once Caroline was near, she handed her boquete of flowers to Bonnie who nodded her head and then Caroline reached her hand towards Stefan who to took her hand in his and frowned when his eyes caught in the necklace she wore around her neck

"Where did you get that necklace?" Stefan asked and Caroline frowned

"You gave it to me." She said with confusion a

"No, I didn't.That's Katherine's." Stefan replied

"Seems she accepted our invitation." Damon states as he looked around

"She snuck into our house?" Caroline says and made a love to take the necklace off while Damon says

"She's a villain.What do you expect?"

"No, no, no. Keep it on. We want her to see you wearing it." Stefan says and Caroline lowered her hand from behind her neck

"Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today to witness the joining of these two epic lovebirds in official matrimony." Damon began the ceremony as Stefan and Caroline held hands in front of him with smiles on their faces "Stefan has found the woman of his dreams, and he's going to share the rest of his human life with her. But before we begin, if anyone has any objections to this union, please speak now or forever hold your peace." The couple looked around the guests as they waited for a home to make a sound but no one did. The only movement that happened was Matt getting up from his seat and walking away on his phone.