163. Real Life

"You ready?" Ian asked walking downstairs and meeting Nina, Blaire and Baby in the living room. He was dressed in all black with a red vest, Nina was dressed in a black and red dress that had a slit to her thigh and a black choker was placed around her throat. Blaire, who was sitting on the sofa mixing her little legs out, was dressed as Tinker Bell while Arrow, who was strapped in his carrier fast asleep was dressed as flounder the fish.

"We should get going before our little miss starts getting moody" Nina said looking over a their one year old who was kicking her little legs about as she sat on the sofa and Ian nodded

"Let's go before it gets to dark out" Ian stated picking Arrow's carrier up up before placing it on the stroller that was by the door while Nina grabbed Blaire before they all headed out the door and made their way down the street.

"This was an eventful night" Nina said once they made their way back home after going from house to house collecting candy with Blaire exclaiming 'twick oh tweat' every time they knocked or rang the bell. The women who'd answer the door would coo and awe at the little girl and would give her an extra candy before wishing them a goodnight.

"You could say that again" Ian said as he handed Nina the house key she could unlock the door before they walked in with her pushing the stroller with a softly snoring newborn in before he closed the door being careful not to wake Blaire up.

"Why don't you take Arrow up to the nursery while I take Blaire and get her out of her costume and in bed?" Ian said and Nina nodded as she gently picked the newborn out of the carrier and then they both made their way up the stairs before going separate ways, with Nina going to their room and gently changed him out of the costume and into a long sleeve onesie and pants before laying him down on the crib.

She smiled and ran a finger along his forehead and couldn't picture a life where her kids weren't in it. She tried to think of a time in her life where this wasn't her life, but she couldn't, because this was her life now. She wouldn't change anything for it. Not even the parties that she used to go to every year before she and Ian got back together didn't matter anything because she wouldn't want it any other way.

Ian leaned against the doorway of the bedroom and watched as Nina gazed at their week old son with a smile. Like before, he never expected to be here now. With two kids under the age of three with the woman that he's loved for years, yet here he was living the best life he ever could have asked for.

"Is something wrong?" Nina asked when she turned around to see him staring at her and he smiled pushing off the doorframe and made his way over to her and pulled her into a soft embrace.

"Nothing's wrong" he replied making her raise a brow as she wrapped her arms around his neck

"Is that so?"

"Mhm" he hummed leaning forward pressing a kiss against her lips moans her smile

"What was that for?" She asked playing with the hair at the base of his neck

"Can't I just kiss my wife?" He asked and she rolled her eyes with a smile shaking her head before she pulled away from him then turned around with her back to him

"Help me out of this, yeah?" She asked he hummed unzipping the dress and lowering it before pressing his lips against her neck causing Nina to hum and close her eyes leaning against him, "did Blaire wake up when you put her down?"

"No. She was fast asleep and didn't even make a sound as I got her out of her costume" he replied moving away so Nina could go and change while he did the same

"Are you parents coming over tomorrow for lunch?" Nina asked coming into the room dressed in one of Ian's shirts with a toothbrush in her mouth and he nodded

"Yeah but I think they'll be over earlier" He replied and she nodded before going back into the bathroom where Ian followed a second later and and grabbed his own toothbrush. They stood side by side and smiled at their reflections before they finished and got into bed.

"Love you" Nina said as she laid her head on Ian's chest as he wrapped his arm around her rubbing her shoulder

"Love you too"

And with one last kiss, the two fell into a peaceful  sleep.