146. Real Life

"Hey babe?" Nina called and Ian pokes his head throw the door

"Yeah?" He asked

"Are you busy?" She asked and he shook his head, "do you think you could go to the store and get Blaire's birthday cake?"

"Sure thing love. Do you need me to get anything else while I'm out?" He asked waking over to her and looking down to see what she was making and saw that she has made seashell cookies from their daughter's favorite movie Moana, "I'm taking one of these for the road"

"IAN!" She yelled after him when he stole one of the cookies and she shook her head when he laughed, "your father is such a child" she liked over at the swing and Blaire giggled, "of course you'll find your dad funny"

Shaking her head with a smile, Nina turned back finishing the cookies before behind to cook the appetizers and food before Ian could come back with the cake. The front door opened a few minutes later before she heard Kat and Michael's voices calling her and Ian's names

"In the kitchen!" Nina yelled as she finished frosting the last cookie and looked up when their friends walked in

"Where's Ian?" Michael asked as he leaned on the counter looking at the cookies in longing which had Nina narrowing her eyes

"Don't even think about it Malarkey. Ian already took one before he went to get the cake and now I'm down one" he held his hands up

"How long ago did he leave?" Kat asked just as the front door opened again

"About 10 minutes ago. He should be here soon" Nina replied just as Ian walked into the kitchen holding a white box that held Blaire's birthday cake.

"Do you need help setting anything up?" Kat asked

"Can you guys put these up" she asked holding for party decorations, "we're having the party outside since it's supposed to be sunny all day"

"Sure" Kat and Michael replied before they walked out to the yard and then Nina turned to her husband

"The guests should be arriving in a few hours so I need to get the tables and chairs set up. Chris and Melissa said that they'll be here soon so he could help you with that along with Paul and Ines who will be here in half an hour" Nina said and Ian nodded and true to her world, the front door of their home was opened before Paul and his wife, Ines, walked in.

"Hey guys, we would've been here but traffic" Paul said bu the pair shook their heads

"It's fine, I know how it is. Anyway you and Chris -when he gets here-will be helping me out back while Kat and Malarkey are putting up the decorations"

"What is there to set up?" Paul questioned as Chris and Melissa walked in, "hey guys"

"Hi" the soon to be married couple greeted with smiles, "where should we put this?"

"You can leave those in the living room for now" Nina replies and they nodded with Chris going back to the living room to place the gift on the soda before rejoining them, "so have you picked a date yet?"

"Not yet. I mean we just got engaged so we want to take things one step at a time" Melissa said

"that's a good plan" Ian agreed before he was taking both Paul and Chris outside to set up the tables and chairs so that Nina, Melissa and Ines could bring the food out once its done.

"Why don't you go get Blaire ready and well take the food out once it's done" Melissa offered with a smile and Nina gave her a grateful smile

"Are you sure?" She asked and Ines nodded

"Yes, now go"

****

The party was in full swing an hour later and Nina and Ian couldn't be more proud of the party. They were extra grateful for the help from their friends who had afford to help. They had greeted everyone that has showed up from Sebastian Stan to Dylan O'Brien which were their closest friends.

"Alright guys can we get your attention please" Ian said getting their friends attention, "Nina and I want to thank every single one do you for joining us today in celebration of our daughter's first birthday. I know that's it's not as extravagant as other celebrity kid parties but we hope that you guys all enjoy the party".

Their friends smiled as they looked up to the front where Nina and Ian were standing with their baby, "Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to everyone we really appreciate you taking time off of your day to join us today"

"It's what friends do, Ian" Paul said making them smile, "now why don't we have the little lady blow the candle?"

"Sounds like a plan" Nina agreed as Ian placed Blaire in her highchair before pacing a small cake in front of her along with a candle the Ian turned on a second later, "Okay princess, blow the candle out"

Both Ian and Nina leaned down to her level and blew the candle out for her making their yard erupt in cheers which had the one year old squealing and giggling. She smushed her cake making everyone laugh before Nina was taking her and cleaning her face off not before Ian took a couple photos of the two and Paul did the same for them snapping a couple photos of the three.

The party came to an end an hour later as Nina went up to her and Ian's room to wash Blaire off and change her before putting her down for her nap. Ian and the few friends that staid behind were cleaning the yard.

"So when are you guys planing on announcing that you're expecting again?" Paul asked

"When she's at least 18 weeks along" he replied and he nodded

"What do you think the baby will be?" Candice asked

"To be honest I don't really mind all that matters is that they're healthy" the actor replied before looking grocer at Kat and Michael, "what about you guys? Have you guys thought about having kids yet?"

"About that" Kat said giving them a sheepish smile

"What are you guys talking about?" Nina asked as she walked outside with the baby monitor in hand

"About Kat and Malarkey" Candice replied, "Now go on tell us"

"We're pregnant" Kat said with a bright smile making the yard erupt in cheers as they huddled together congratulating the pair

"Oh my god I'm so happy for you guys" Nina said, "how far along are you?"

"Four weeks" Kat replied and Nina smiled

"You're three weeks behind me" she chuckled

"Can't believe you guys are having a baby weeks from each other" Candice chuckled

"They're going to be birthday buddies that's for sure" Ian chuckled as they all sat around the campfire. Their lives were forever changing but one thing is for sure their friendship will always be strong as it was ten years ago.

"Here's to new journeys and long friendship" Paul said holding his bottle of beer

"To friendship and new journeys"