🌻 Candy || Lancer X Reader

[ a/n ] || requested by Daijyobani! ♡

♡》

Another day passes by the mysterious world you have stepped your foot upon. The leaves rustling as you walk deep into the convincing darkness that pulls you right into the forest, leaving the desired path that the Lighteners would've walked through.

You are detached from your comrades, far away from wherever they might be. You were off into a journey to find some dark candy to be used for in the group. So when a battle commences, everyone in the team was prepared for the upcoming loss of HP.

It's always good to be all packed up and go.

"Hmhmmhm." You hum softly to the tune of the whispers that waved amongst the winds. Finally, after minutes of your brief search, you spot the tree that bears the fruit.

It illuminates in color, seeking your attention. And so, you smile in the feeling of success and went to get the piece of candy.

Your footprints trace to your feet as you head on your significant journey. You stretch an arm out to reach the very top where a dark candy lies.

You weren't able to reach it.

"Argh." You groan, annoyed. You take your bow and arrow out and point it towards the candy and let go of the arrow, sending it to fly towards the wanted treat. And with that, you have received your prize.

"Well, aren't you a beaute!" You say to the lifeless ball of sugar that was covered in a glossy structure.

You put it in your little pouch with an accomplished feeling flowing within your pride. You turn your back around the tree and had your eyes set on another one that bears the crystallized sugar.

"Another one!" You take steps to approach the it. Pulling the arrow back from your bow, you send it flying once again. Once it has fallen, you grab hold of it. "Nice! One more candy to go."

You search peacefully without anyone disrupting you. It was a soothing afternoon, no one bothered you in your journey. What an easy task you would describe.

Soon enough, your peace has run out when you heard a ridiculous, echoing laugh come nearby.

"Ho ho ho!"

'What the hell is that kind of laugh..' You think to yourself.

"You're trying to get all those three dark candies all to yourself? That's really selfish of you." He says, his tongue going in and out whenever he grins. "But such is the way of the world!"

His.. motorcycle? Actually no, it was just a tricycle lit on fire to look cool. But nevertheless, it was the machine that caused too much noise paired with his overpowered voice.

"Um, no. I'm actually getting it for my fri--"

"Don't even try to deny it! You're probably evil just like me." He cuts you off.

You shake your head in denial. "Well, evil is a strong word. I'm actually doing this for a good cause." You try to explain, not to cause any trouble.

"Then, that would mean.." He points to you. "You are my enemy!"

Your soul glitches to enter the battle. You were going to fight with this person.

"You're a Lightener! And therefore, anyone who crosses paths with me shall be my enemy! Prepare to meet your doom! Ho ho ho!" He cheers in delight with the though of destroying you.

You simply roll your eyes and sigh. 'Guess there's just morons everywhere you go.' You clutch unto your weapon and readied an arrow to shoot. But.. you remember Ralsei saying that no matter or whoever you face, just be kind to them.

On a short reflection, you didn't really want to hurt anyone either so you put your weapon back down. Your surrender moved him. "I don't want to fight. Let's just be friends!" You smile, giving out your best to look kind and persuade him.

"Me? Friends with a hero such as yourself? Nu-uh!" He proceeds to attack abruptly with his lighted tricycle. You simply dodge this. "I'm sure you don't wanna hurt anyone, do you?"

"That wouldn't make sense at all since my step one says to thrash heroes." He was quite a stubborn one. He begins to shift directions, shooting all sorts of spades to you. You miss most of them but got hit by one. "W-Whoa!" Your HP lowers. "Well, that was, um, impressive." You compliment.

"Ho ho ho! Thank you, you're doing great too!" Now, both of you were just complimenting each other. You were physically hurt but it wasn't all too bad. Then, an idea pops into your head. "And now, prepare for my next ambu-"

"O-Ow! That hit really got unto me!" You fake being greatly hurt. Lancer stops his attacks and steadily approaches you. "You really got me. You've done good to defeat me. Oh no, I am in so much pain!" What a drama queen you were.

"Uhm, I am s-sorry? And thank you, I know I am!" He proudly grins with his tongue out but he saw you were in pain and instead of feeling victorious, he felt bad for you. "Err, should I help you up?" He asks, he seems like he didn't wanna fight anymore.

You sweetly smile, knowing that your plan had worked. "That would be preferred!" He helps you get up on your knees. "You're not so bad after all!" You beam.

"You were too nice so I didn't want to fight anymore."

Successful was your plan. You look up the tree to spot a dark candy. "Am I allowed to get the candy now?" He taps his finger unto his chin to think. "Hmm, sure!"

You didn't waste time and immediately got the sphere of sugar. "Wonderful." Then you turn to him, he stares at the candy. Does he want it? No questions asked, his expression says he wants it.

'I'm sorry Susie, I'm gonna have to give your piece to him.'

You gave the candy to him. "I doubt you ever tried one so here you go!" You pass it to him as you curve your lips. "Oh, thank you! You're too kind, brave hero!" Lancer accepts.

"Well, I have to go now. My friends must be worried sick about me. I'll see you around! It was nice meeting you!" You revolve, facing away from him. "Oh, and I'm Y/N by the way!" You introduce, tilting your head back a bit.

"Lancer, I'm the prince of this kingdom!" Lancer declares his title. You chuckle. "Alright Lancer. See you around."

Lancer perks up from seeing you dimple this time. He feels a bright sensation coming from his cheeks.

With that you left off. Have you made a new friend?

*

An hour later, Susie was still pissed at you for not getting her part of the deal. "Seriously, Y/N?! You only had one job! ONE JOB!" She yells at you in frustration.

Another happy ending.

Except for Susie.