🌻 [⚠️] It's An Order || Lancer X Reader

[ a/n ] || lets just pretend Lancer is an adult now- and ur gender is neutral- and im sorry for any errors that ive made im trying my best ;;

one-shot dedicated/requested by the 2nd winner, Petuinaflower

♡》

"Sire! Don't forget your robe!" You run towards the candidate king about to be crowned the ruler. You immediately wrap the tie around his neck neatly. You finish before he can even say anything.

Lancer smiles, grateful to have your service. "Ah! Of course, thank you."

You kneel down in front of him and bow your head down, your right hand curls into a fist as your arm was placed on your stomach. "I'm at your service, Your Highness."

Then, you stand up. "It is your coronation day after all."

"Drop the formal act, Y/N. In my reign, boring statements are officially banned. From now on, call me Lancer."

The way he speaks sounds decent and adult-like, it was clear to the people that he has grown out of his childish state. It made you proud to serve alongside him.

"Understood." You say, your voice echoing from your helmet.

"Heh, we need to work on that. By the way," He crosses his arms and elevates his chin up.

"I want you to wear something formal later this evening during the ball. You need to get out of that stinky armour!" He points out to your Goblin Slayer-like outfit, covered in dirt and such.

"Seriously, when was the last time you took it off?"

"A few decad—"

"That was a rhetorical question but now that I hear that, oh ho ho! We shall get rid of that." Lancer snaps his fingers. Away your armour goes, I suppose.

"There's a gown I prepared for you or a tux if you identify yourself a male, who cares?" He excitedly announces like he has been planning for you to finally take off the heavy metal off your body.

"Y-You really don't have to, Your Hig—"

"Lancer." He corrects you.

You didn't understand why it was okay for him to be called by the first name. "Right."

Lancer smiles at you, turning his heel with his hands at the back. "If you'll excuse me I have royal stuff to attend to!" He walks off.

His heavily structured figure and tall being proudly shows his true form. The wise usage of a clean tucked top defined that he had matured. His personality and attitude has changed the kingdom's perspective of him being a troublemaker.

If you were to compare him from before, he is a lot more different than he is now.

"Hey," You wanted to tell him. "Hm?" Lancer turns to you before fully exiting.

You pause for a moment forming the words, "You're gonna be a great king, Lancer."

Lancer smirks, his back facing you this time. "I know I am."

Proudly, he throws a part of his robe up up in the air.

*

You choose to wear the tux.

And it has been one of the best decisions of your life. Not only is it more comfortable and easy to move and twist whenever an ambush happens in the scene, it also looks good on you!

"I see that you have chosen to wear the tux." Lancer's voice sounds. You turn around to see him in a formal attire. Similar to what he was wearing earlier but this time, the color definitely describes him.