🌻 I Love You || Ralsei X Depressed! Reader

[ a/n ] || requested by __luminous_Soul__! ♡

Omg i cant believe i updated 3 times today fisjxksoxplldlakl-

《♡》

"Y/N! Are you home? I want to show you something!" Ralsei, with a cheerful voice, calls your attention beyond the walls of your house.

You wipe your last tear away and fan your hand unto near to your eyes. It was red and swollen. You cried again today. You didn't want Ralsei to worry for you too much so you try your best to stay okay for now.

"Coming!" You say in a sing-song manner and smile while you open the door to let Ralsei in.

He, first, notices your eyes. "W-Wait.. have you been crying again, Y/N..? Are you okay?" He asks in concern. The look on his agitated face made you want to cry even more but no, you shouldn't. You have to stay happy for your only friend.

"Whaaat? Pfsh! No, of course not. I've been way happier since that last session we had together!" You lie. Ralsei saw through your soul and heart that you were dishonest about your feelings. But for your sake, he doesn't push the situation further.

He sighs. "Well okay, Y/N. If you say so!" Back to his joyous expressions, he happily enters your humble home.

Ralsei, the Prince of Darkness, welcomes you to his kingdom. He was your only friend ever since that day you were lost and confused about the place. Soon to discover that, you were no longer in the world you thought it was.

Then, Ralsei found you. He was kind to you, just like everyone should be. The respect and care for him was set at default. He treats you, invites you in to his not-so wide kingdom. But even though it was small and you were the only subject to his kingdom. It was home.

You squat down on the ground with him. Your hands placed on top of your lap. "So, what did you want to show me?" You query.

Ralsei couldn't hold his excitement any longer and reveals something to you. "This!" He shows you a well-crafted carving that represented your figure made out of wood.

Your eyes twinkle in gratefulness. "It's a little gift from me to you!" He smiles, handing it over to you. "I want you to have it. It's a thanks for being a loyal subject. But most importantly," He scoots over to you and reveals another doll that was made out of cotton and this time, it reflects Ralsei's being.

"..Thanks for being my friend, Y/N." He puts his doll beside yours and smiles.

You were speechless about his heart-warming gifts. All you could feel was the overwhelming emotions that rose in your chest, soon to come out as tears.

'Don't cry.. don't cry.. don't cry..' You demand to yourself, holding back your tears.

"Y-Y/N.. um, are yo-"

"I love you.." The words slip your lips. Ralsei looks surprised. "I love you so much Ralsei.. you're the only person I can depend on, who cares for me.. the only one who checks up on me on a daily basis to see how I'm doing.. you're the only one in my life who does that.." You trail off.

"I w-was so.. f-fucking lonely before all o-of this.. it keeps me up so much at night.. a-and it hurts.. I-I'm so alone Ralsei.. sometimes I can't even get up from my bed anymore.. and just, cry.." You vent, your feelings were finally out.

"J-Just, why are people so f-fucking cruel?! Why is the world so cruel?! What have I done to make everyone hate me in the first place? Did I do something wrong? Am I wrong? Why do we have to hurt each other?! People are so selfish! T-They're so--!"

* Ralsei hugs you.

You cry more from his gesture. "Sssshhh.. it's okay, Y/N.. calm down, I'm here for you.." His reassuring voice calms you down. You feel your heart beat loudly. You feel empty inside.

"Sigh.. you're the only one I have.. I'll go crazy if I lose you, Ralsei.." You sob unto his shoulder, clasping his cloth tightly, not wanting to let go from his comfort.

Ralsei takes your hand and puts it into his chest, where you feel his heart pump. "I'm alive, Y/N.." Then, he takes it to your chest the next. "You're alive.. and for as long as we live, we'll both look out for each other. We're always together forever. You won't even be alone. Neither of us will be."

He pulls away from the hug and looks at your pretty crying face. He cups your cheek with his hands, making you look at him. "And if ever this kingdom grows.. you will be my most loved one. I don't regret welcoming you to my castle." He wipes a tear away from your face with his thumb and smiles.

You sniff, a glimmer of hope fading into your soul. "I-I.." You slightly blush, snapping back to the reality that he was holding your face in a romantic sense. You didn't want to ruin the moment with your rambling so you stay silent.

Ralsei pulls you into a hug again. "You don't have to say anything, Y/N.. I understand." His comforting words struck you once again.

You inhale and exhale slowly, cherishing the moment. "I love you.." You say.

As Ralsei hears you repeat the same words you told hum earlier. It was clear that you meant it. Those three words, coated Ralsei's heart with warmth.

And with that, he parts his lips to say,

"I love you too.."