Prom

I got my idea from Shrimpclan!!!

I sighed, my hand against my cheek as I leaned against the bleachers. Music was all around me and lights were flickering off the wall from all directions. What was supposed to be the best night of my life ended up as the worst. I bought tickets to Prom because Lana wanted me to go with her. Well, lucky me, we broke up about three weeks ago! And I wasn't going to let a $300 dollar ticket and $450 dollar tuxedo go to waste. So, here I am; watching my ex girlfriend dance and make out with Jason, a football player! How could I compete with that?! I sighed loudly, standing up and looking around.

"I said stop!" I turned around to see a boy in a black tshirt and blue jeans backed against a wall, a few of the popular kids around him. Well he wasn't dressed very fancy...? My eyes widened as I watched one of the guys slam the male onto his knees with a single punch.

"Hey, what the fuck!" I yelled out, my mouth taking action before my head did. I stomped over to the group, glaring up at the other men. Just as I was, they were dressed up. Everyone was. Why wasn't the other kid?

"Oh, look at Albert; standing up for a total stranger but he can't even stand up for himself!" One of the guys snapped at me.

"Oh, shut it, Zach!" I yelled as I grabbed the males hand, pulling him off his knees as I walked over towards the doors of the school.

"Now you two can go be faggots together!" I gritted my teeth together in annoyance as I listened to the words Zach threw back at me, the boys around him laughing and high-fiving. Once we got far enough that the music wasn't too loud, I turned to face the male. We were now outside the school, the light of the full moon illuminating his figure, though I couldn't see his face or anything else on his body.

"I, uh... t-thanks..." He mumbled quietly. I sighed softly, the cool wind blowing against my warm skin.

"No problem. But, uh... I've never seen you around here before?" I hummed back in response, watching as he brought a hand up and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well, uh... y-yeah. I'm actually homeschooled... The only reason I was here in the first place was because my dad is working here with the DJ tonight." The male quickly told me.

"Oh, okay..." I looked over at the parking lot before back at him. "My name's Albert, by the way." I said, holding my hand out for him to shake.

"I-I, uh... I'm Jake." He took my hand, us doing a quick handshake before our arms fell back to our sides. "Also, sorry that you'll have to deal with the nickname 'faggot' for the rest of the school year." He mumbled, pressing his back against the wall of the building and sliding down it until he was sitting in the damp grass. I sighed, sitting down criss cross in front of him.

"It's fine; I've been called worst." I simply said, placing my hands in my lap.

"Y-You should go back inside and enjoy your Prom." He said with a quiet sigh, running a hand threw his dark hair.

"Are you gonna stay out here?" I asked, scooting over so that I was at his side.

"Duh; I'm not going back in there!" He said, raising his voice a bit.

"Then I'll stay out here and keep you company." I said, it being obvious I wasn't backing down. "So, uh... what do you want to talk about?" I asked him, hesitantly leaning against his shoulder.

"I just wanted to thank you again for, you know, saving my ass back there." He said. I hadn't noticed this until now, but he was shaking slightly.

"No problem, dude... mucho gusto my dude." I said with a small giggle. When I giggle he looked over at me.

"Dude... no offence, but your laugh is adorable." He told, me blushing faintly at his words.

"Why would I be offended by that?" I asked, giggling again.

"I don't know... I just didn't know how you'd react. And, you know, since I'm gay..." He sighed, going quiet after that.

"What?! I didn't know you were gay!" I said, sitting up strait and looking at him.

"T-That won't effect anything between us... w-will it?!" He asked, sounding a bit frantic.

"No; of course not!" I paused, smiling and kissing his cheek. "It's perfectly fine..."