•One •

Zaccai sat at her window taking in the outside scenery as a seem to be baby bird flew by her window and into the nest nearby

Zaccai sat at her window taking in the outside scenery as a seem to be baby bird flew by her window and into the nest nearby. She watched in delight smiling at the little chirps it made when greeted by its fellow bird.

This sparked up the memory of the time she watched in horror as a snake no longer than around 18 inches gobbled up what she presumed to be a baby bird's egg right out of the nest. She could only sit and watch with widened eyes at the horrific actions that were taking place right outside her window. As a lover of birds of all kinds witnessing such an execution had shaken her up for days leaving her miserable and paranoid for weeks.

Zaccai could be viewed as stupidly innocent and naïve not knowing much about the world around her, only what her selfish parents showed and taught her. Her life could be one like Rapunzel only that Rapunzel was decently knowledgeable about her surroundings. Otherwise, Zaccai just like Rapunzel was sheltered and locked away in her home only seeing the outside world if her parents allowed it. I guess that's one thing she had over Rapunzel.

Zaccai was unknowledgeable about the basic things any young adult would have learned growing up. This included the concept of sex and all that it is and other miscellaneous factors that her parents decided weren't decent enough for their little girl. Due to these and other multiple factors, Zaccai cannot currently behave like individuals her age and may have a child-like persona to those who meet her. On the better side, she was filled with optimism and morality and could be seen as a breath of fresh air to those around her. Maybe that's why her parents never bothered to taint her pure mind.

Hours passed as Zaccai sat and watch the birds interact with each other and their surroundings, she was unaware of how much time has passed and only noticed when the pain in her back became unbearable. She got up trying to stretch the ache out only to hear some popping noises coming from the area. She chuckled at the familiar feeling as this was an everyday occurrence. Her posture only became worse over time as she sat at the same window every day watching the same set of birds. She had nothing better to do during that time. 

Her parents had limits on the things she did, Zaccai was hardly in command of her life and she believed that it was normal. The familiar feeling of hunger took over as she finished stretching. She then mumbled incoherently hating the sensation of her stomach grumbling in pain. With a heavy sigh, she limped her body out of her room and down the stairs to voyage for food.

She mumbled out a quiet "Hi mom, hi dad" as she walked past them towards the kitchen. Her parents were cuddled up on the couch watching a television show which she didn't care to look at as food was her only goal. Yet, she couldn't help the thought of having someone of her own as her parent's relationship only seemed to inspire her. She yearned for comfort and happiness someone other than her parents could bring.

In the kitchen, she quickly made a mayo sandwich and without a moment's break started scarfing down the food. This was her favorite pastime snack as the taste of the mayo on her tongue seemed to weirdly excite her.

Halfway done with her sandwich Zaccai now energized skipped her walk into the living room where her parents were still cuddled up, not taking notice of her. She then quietly sit on the nearest couch watching the television which she knew as 'Friends." Her parents have yet to take notice of her so she was lucky enough to even get a couple of seconds in the show.

After some time her parents noticed the quiet but still soundly sound of chewing and swallowing. Zaccai who had achieved the stealth skill has still yet to learn how to chew and swallow without going unnoticed.

Mr. and Mrs. Tevel slowly turned their head to see their 18-year-old daughter watching the television while smacking with some mayo on the corner of her mouth. Noticing that her parents saw her, she only turns and gives them a bright open mouth smile with the food in her mouth showing off.

They quickly turned off the television because according to them, "Friends is a mature show meant for adults only." Which only displeased Zaccai as she was enjoying the episode being aired.  Mr. and Mrs. Tevel detangled themselves from one another and moved to a comfortable spot in the chair as they watched their only daughter slowly eat her lunch.

Swallowing her last bite Zaccai smiled at her parents not taking notice of their tense posture.

"Honey, when did you come down? We didn't hear you." Mrs. Tevel said with a slight shake in her voice hoping she didn't see them kissing on the couch.

"Just a few minutes ago mom, I felt hungry, so I came to get a snack," Zaccai answered excitedly with a grin on her face.

Letting out a breath of relief Mrs. Tevel stood up from the couch, walked over to Zaccai, and held her hands out.

"Come on, let's go make dinner." She says with a gentle smile, as much as they were protective of their daughter they still taught her life lessons like cooking.

Zaccai quickly got up agreeing with her mother. Cooking is one of her many favorite activities to do since she gets extra food as a reward for helping out.

Mr. Tevel had also gotten up, kissing his wife and daughter's forehead he smiles and says, "I'm gonna go fix the car in the garage. Call me when dinner's finished."