◇three◇

"Absolutely not. I am sorry but he cannot be the General."

"Why not son? He is our best warrior out there, he was trained by the late General Whon, he considered him as his son. He is our only chance as of right now. Besides, you haven't even met the kid have you?"

"I have and he nearly attacked me!" Taehyung said, but bit his lip as he remembered that he was the one that had the dagger in his hands and had cut the knight.

"His bandaged hand seems to tell me different. I know it was you prince, you have that special dagger that your father had given you."

The priest looked at the prince with knowing eyes. He remembered looking at the young warrior's hand and seeing the design that had been burned into his skin. The thorn vines that curled around the wound. Others would think it is bruising, but the priest knew it was something more than the skin being irritated.

The king had given his son a special dagger that had been blessed by the God, and created by the witch who went by the name of Hyu. She had spent years creating the sharp dagger that had pearls decorating the handle.

"Thats besides the point. Jeon Jungkook shall not be named general. Not under me," the prince said, turning around and leaving the warm study room.

"He will bring more danger to our people, I am already defying that idiotic king by taking the throne, I dont need any more reasons for his sword to point at my head," Taehyung said as he walked towards his room.

"Here let me help you," Taehyung heard as he neared the end of the hall. He stepped back and slowly looked over the column that held the ceiling.

Jungkook stood there with two boxes on his right sholder and a bag of groceries in his left hand. He seemed to be helping the maids that were headed towards the kitchen.

"Thank you Sir Jungkook, but really, we can handle it."

"Nonsense, you havent been feeling well, let me help you all. I know the past few days has been eventful."

The maids nodded and bowed as a thank you to the young knight.

"Sir Jungkook, I have a question," a maid said before looking up with worried eyes.

"Have you met the prince yet? What is he like? Do you think he'll be able to take revenge for his father? Will you be taking the Generals place? What exactly-"

"Excuse me, but I believe Sir Jungkook here has a lot of work to do ladies, I must speak with him."

The maids looked up to see the priest with his head held up high. "Yes Father Hope, excuse us, we got it Sir Jungkook," the mai grrrds said as they bowed and grabbed the groceries from Jungkook.

"What was that all about priest?"

"Prince Taehyung come out, we need to talk," the priest said, making Jungkook raise a brow. He turned around to see the prince slowly emerge from the hall.

"Price Taehyung," Jungkook said as he bowed and looked at the priest with questioning eyes.

"Son, we need to talk about the coronation. Prince Taehyung here will be named as King, while you, son, will be titled General of the Blinton army. Our prince here has agreed," the priest said, looking over at the prince with a smile.

"I did not, I refuse to name him General, you dont understand. He will create a bigger war!"

Jungkook turned to look at the prince with stone cold eyes. "Why? Is it because the Crystal kingdom will come trampling everything down due to my presence? Is it because that coward king is afraid of me? Fear not prince, for I have fought with the Crystals before, slaughtering nearly all of them at the age of only 16 when they killed my father. The only reason why I will not accept is not because you dont agree with it, its because I know that I could never replace General whon. I am sorry Father Hope, but since I cant accept this, I shall be demoted if necessary."

Taehyung stared at the young man with angry eyes as he spoke, clenching his robes in his left hand.

"Youre the only one qualified son, we need you. A war is coming," the priest said, noticing the tension between the two.

"I can handle the army myself!" Taehyung shouted, pushing Jungkook back into the wall, caging him.

"You will not interfere with any warrior, understood? Did I not tell you to get out and never approach me?"

"That you did prince Taehyung, but I think you have forgotten a crucial point. Not one single warrior will ever listen to you, be my guest to train them and have them ready for the war. You have never seen war in the eyes, let alone the Crystal army. My sword has met many, so unless you want to beg at the kings feet, let me handle the army."

"Prince, Jungkook, calm yourselves. Prince let him go please."

Taehyung had finally noticed the closeness they held, they could nearly bump foreheads. He stepped back and let go of the knights cloth shirt. He adjusted his robe and faced the priest.

"I'd like to see him try to be general," Taehyung said and walked off.

"What is his deal?" Jungkook asked once Taehyung was out of hearing range.

"I believe they threatened him. They know who you are Jungkook. Do you really think the king would forget such a knight? The knight that killed nearly all of his remaining warriors in less than a few minutes? Son, the rage that possessed you that day is unforgettable."

"Looks as though they want a second chance."

"A soon to be king should take every challange with a pinch of salt son, dont let your head be manipulated."

"A soon to be king? More like a soon to be corpse," the prince said as he looked outside from beyond his red curtains. He noticed the people mourning for his father and the general outside, right at the entrance of the castle as they prepared the funeral ceremony.

"Prince Taehyung," everyone said, bowing towards the man who came out of the castle entrance with a stone cold face.

"May my father rest in peace. He did what an honorable man would do for his kingdom. He brought us health and prosperity. He brought us safety and honesty. While I may not be my father, I am still a proud Kim, and I pray you invite me into your lives as well and kind as you invited my father."

Everyone bowed and looked to the floor until the king had been lowered into his tomb. Flowers and gold were thrown on top of the casket as everyone in the village said their goodbyes. Taehyung himself gently took off the gold necklace he had and threw it into the ground.

"May he live in our hearts, Amen," the priest said as the people began to bury him.

"General Whon, thy people shall mourn for you and keep you alive in our hearts. For a brave soul who took in a fragile kid and tought him how to love everyone around him. I thank you, and I pray your heart and soul will be at rest up in the heavens."

Jungkook tore a piece of his army suit, the cloth that lined the heavy metal, and threw it into the tomb of the general. All of the army that had attended mourned and did the same, saying goodbye and praying for the dead men.

"May General Whon live in our hearts, Amen," the priest said as he threw a bit of dirt on top of the casket and walked towards the young knight.

"Are you prepared?"

"As prepared as I will be."

"Son, are you prepared?"

Taehyung looked over and nodded, throwing dirt on his fathers casket before turning around and leaving.

"A soon to be king should lay his fears in the pit of the ocean or hells gates, for no one will accept a frightened king."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂️

Authors note:

Sorry this has only been filler chapters but things will get better and make more sense to the plot!