♧sixteen♧

"Take a deep breath dear, it will all be ok. Its simple really. Bring me back that boy."

Shoi shook her head, the guards tightning their grip on the ropes around her hands. Her cold hands were shaking, nearly frozen as her blood failed to flow there. "You can go to Hell! Let my son go." She could feel the rope burns no matter how careful she tried to be.

"Then give me back my son!"

Shoi looked down, she knew the king saw the fear in her shaking legs. She was tired and afraid, afraid of what that demon would do if she let her guard down. She knew the king would harm her child, if he was even alive anymore.

"Youre just going to stand there? Guards, bring me the boy."

"No! No let him go!" Shoi shouted, pulling against the ropes to try and get to her son. Her heart was slowly dropping every second she felt useless. She couldnt push away from the guards that had her tied down like a dog.

"Im sorry baby, everything will be ok, momma loves you. Dont worry, dont cry," she shouted, watching tears run down Gwons face. Gwon stared at his mother and nodded, wanting to shout back at her that he loved her. The cloth in his mouth tasted horribly, chocking back his soft sobs.

"Youre just an orphan arent you?" The king asked, his sword tilting Gwons chin up to face him. The cold metal against his skin made him shiver, no fear apparent in his eyes however. He could see the Kings robes, laced with gold and lies. The red thread seemed to be dyed from blood itself, the slight brown hue mimicking dried blood.

Gwon glared at the king as he looked up to find the sword more interesting. The metal sword had imperfections, the scrapes littering the shiny silver were covered by dust and dried blood from what Gwon could see. Disgusting, the boy thought.

"Answer me!"

The child didnt flinch, already used to loud voices. This wouldnt be the first time a royal had shouted at him. He could clearly hear the voice in the back of his mind yelling at him to dance like an idiot.

"Let her go and I'll answer anything you want." Gwon said as they removed the cloth from his mouth. His mouth was so dry but he willed himself to speak, his raw throat begging him to stop. The king raised his brows, looking over at the woman. Shoi was at her knees, shouting at her son to stop.

"Baby you dont have to do this! Mama will fix everything-"

The king laughed, cutting off Shoi and shook his head in disbelief. He lowered his sword, a loud clink startling Shoi. She looked up to see the laughing king, wishing she could rip him to pieces. Her hands gripped the rope with anger, feeling the numb pain in her wrists.

"What could you ever possibly have to offer me? Youre a little boy with no life."

Gwon looked over at his mother and softly apologized to her. "No, dont, Gwon! We dont know! Let him go!"

Gwon glared at the king once again biting his lip to refrain from pouncing on the king. The royal simply smiled, enjoying the scene. A helpless mother begging her son to save himself, not her. How sad, the king thought as he brought his sword up to meet the boys neck once more.

"What do you have to offer?" the royal said between his teeth, getting impatient and tired of hearing Shois shouting.

"Guards! Silence her!" the guard holding Shoi soon covered her mouth with a cloth, making tears well up. Her face was red with anger and fear, the only emotions she knew in this damned castle.

"I know where he is."

The king looked over at the little boy and chuckled, noticing the stone cold face the boy was holding.