♧eight♧

Taehyung took a deep breath, reading the General's name over and over again. He had forgotten about the breakfast for the past half hour, not taking his eyes off of the note.

"What is up with him? Our army? Does that imply I will be joining my men in the war?" Taehyung looked down at his wrapped torso and the dirty bandages on the table from his head wound. "What good is an injured King?"

Thoughts of his father swirled in his mind, "Son, you must be stronger, always. No one wants a weak King. Your people matter the most. Put aside your worries, put aside distractions, temptations, all of that is never needed for a true monarch. Until death you shall serve the people. No matter what obstacle, do you understand?" Taehyung remembered the way he had looked up at his father with small and innocent eyes, nodding and looking back down to see the village from the top of the castle. He remembered the breeze that blew across his face, making him shake and lean towards the edge. He could just jump and forget about all of these duties. But his innocent mind wanted nothing more but to make his father proud.

Flashbacks after flashbacks Taehyung closed his eyes and instead laid down on his bed and quietly cried, for no one should know a King cries himself to sleep at time.

On the other side of the castle, Jungkook had been training with the soldiers, making them run back and forth. The Kings condition had been on his mind but there was no time to go check on him.

"Yes sir!" they all shouted when Jungkook ordered them to push more. They were trying their hardest to keep up with the young General, knowing that he was putting in one hundred times more than them. They all respected him, they knew how important this was for the young brunette.

"If we want to win this war, we have to put our soul into our fear and use it against the enemy, for who will defeat a fearful man with the hatred of a million soldiers?"

Every soldier looked at each other as Jungkook said his words, they all seemed to be confused. No doubt that they respected the General, but his words were nearly mocking them. Who told their soldiers to fight with fear?

"You, come here," Jungkook said when no one replied. Everyone looked up to see who the General was talking to, some sighing once they realized it was not them.

"Terrified?" He asked and the soldier slowly nodded. Jungkook nearly towered over him, noticing the slight shaking in the soldiers hands.

"I challenge you to a battle, a dagger only." Jungkook held a stern face, trying his best to intimidate the soldier, however, he didnt need to try too hard as the soldier was nearly wetting his pants.

The rest of the soldiers lowered their swords and stepped back from the soldier Jungkook was talking to.

"G-General I c-cant," the soldier said, but Jungkook shook his head as he handed the soldier his dagger and held his hand out for another.

"Yes you can and you will, what do you care about the most?"

"M-My family," the soldier replied, his hands shaking with fear as he held the dagger.

"What if I said that I knew your family, and that I was planning on killing them all? What would you do?"

"G-General-"

"What would you do?" Jungkooks voice seemed to make the gears in the soldiers mind suddenly work.

The soldier slowly gripped the dagger tighter and got in a stance. Jungkook only stared at the young man and noticed the fear that still swirled in the young soldiers eyes.

"Do you accept my challenge?"

The soldier nodded as he drew his dagger back and approached the general. Everyone held their breaths as they noticed the determination in the young ones stance.