◇nine◇

"That was unacceptable men!"

The three soldiers looked down as they heard Jungkooks loud voice bounce off the walls.

"That is not how you treat villagers. If I see any of you step out of line again, you shall be held against your actions."

Taehyung slowly stepped in when he heard Jungkooks voice.

He peaked from the wall and looked at the General. Jungkook was angry, you could see it in his eyes. He was looking down at the men with disappointment.

"As royal soldiers you disgrace the army. One more strike and you will be let go, understood?" Jungkook said, waiting for the men to reply but they only nodded their heads.

"I said, understood?"

Taehyung noticed the men shiver as they answered the general.

"Yes sir."

"Leave, go help the others set up for training."

The soldiers quickly stood up and walked towards Taehyung. The king stayed in his spot, not moving an inch.

"Y-Your majesty!" The soldiers said, quickly bowing and excusing themselves.

"King Taehyung," Jungkook said, making Taehyung look at him. He noticed the anger that still bubbled in his eyes, but he could see how much Jungkook was trying to hide it.

"General Jeon-"

"Jungkook, please," Jungkook said, cutting off the king. Taehyung cleared his throat and nodded.

"General Jungkook," Taehyung started, "I assume you have finished the draft? If my eyes are correct, an incident happened?"

"I already took care of it, your majesty. It will never happen again."

"I know, no need to tell me. I entrust you to straighten out your soldiers. But I do have a question General," Taehyung said, walking further into Jungkooks office.

"What is it your majesty?"

"I'd like for you to personally train me until the war begins. A king should fight besides the General and the army, dont you think?"

Jungkook looked at the King and slowly shook his head. "I am sorry your majesty but you cant join us, its not safe for you, especially since you were just crowned. We cant endanger your life," Jungkook said, much to Taehyungs dismay.

"A king should be prepared to fight along side his men, thats what my father told me. You cannot stop me. Train me or I'll train myself, which one do you chose?" Taehyung stepped closer to the general and looked at him with determined eyes.

"I cannot-"

Taehyung suddenly grabbed Jungkook and pinned him against the wall with a dagger in his hand he grabbed from the desk. If he wanted to get Jungkooks approval for the war he would have to show him that he knows how to defend himself.

"How about now?" Taehyung asked as he held the dagger near Jungkooks neck. The whole situation was dejavu as flashbacks from the first time they met in person popped into Jungkooks mind.

Jungkook slowly lifted his hands to rest on top of the kings own, he wasn't going to let the King enlist himself to his grave. "My king," Jungkook said, nearly whispering the words to Taehyung. His words were enough to distract Taehyung, who had felt the Generals breath against his neck.

In a second Jungkook had a hold of the dagger and threw it across the room. The loud noise made Taehyung blink his eyes in confusion. The dagger pierced the wall, right in the center of the cloth that covered it, making the General smirk at the confusion in the Kings eyes.