♤four♤

Streams of light disturbed the sleeping prince as he tossed and turned in bed. His forehead was coated in sweat and his hands were grabbing the sheets with all of their force.

"Father!" the Prince yelled as he jolted up and looked around his bedroom to see no one around. His head was burning up, and the room had begun to suffocate him again.

"A soon to be king should forget the past and move ahead," he whispered, sighing and laying back down. His nearly pale skin looked deathly sick.

"Prince Taehyung, your breakfast is here. The ceremony is today. Should I get the bath water ready?" A maid said as she knocked on the door and awaited for the signal.

"Yes please, enter."

The maid slowly entered as she pushed the cart that held towels and the princes breakfast.

"The priest asked me to give you this. It was the Kings in his youth," the maid said as she bowed and handed him a gold necklace that had a small diamond in the middle. He clenched it in his palm and nodded as the maid turned around and began to prepare the princes bath.

The smell of roses and vanilla soon hit his nose as he laid down again and prepared himself to get up.

"A soon to be king should be prepared to take on a days work with no hesitation," he thought, his fathers voice ringing in his head.

"Prince, your bath is ready, excuse me," the maid said as she left and closed the door behind her.

With another second though, Taehyung slowly stood up and stretched his arms up to the ceiling, feeling every sore muscle in his body.

He slowly stepped out of bed and began to untangle his robe he slept in. His finger grazed the ribbon that held the cloth in place. He slowly let it go and shivered as he felt the cold winter air against his warm skin. Without a thought he stepped into the warm water and slowly sunk his body in, bitting his lip as the water got hotter.

The smell of roses and vanilla was still strong, making the princes head spin from happiness. This is what his youth smelled like, trips to the rose garden and fresh pastries to eat as he wandered in the village.

"Am I truly ready father?" He asked out, closing his eyes and submerging himself completely under the water. He exhailed and noticed the rising bubbles that clouded his vision. His slowed heartbeat calmed him down, hearing the beat against his chest was soothing. Knowing he was close to deaths grip was somehow comforting.

He soon emerged and took in a deep breath and passed a hand through his blonde hair that was slowly fading to brown.

"I wonder how the Knight's morning is going. Knowing he will be leading a war is nothing but terror I assume," Taehyung said as he finished washing himself and stepped out.

His clothes were prepared on the side, a velvet shirt with black slacks. It was all accompanied by a large fur coat that had gold sewn into the sleaves in decorative patterns. He slipped the shirt on and began to tuck it into his black slacks.

He then began to work on his hair. He combed it silently and styled it with a part in the middle, leaving a few strands for bangs.

On the other side of the castle, the young Knight had been awake since four in the morning. The restless thoughts of the coming ceremony played in his head on a loop. He dreamt of his father in the crowd with the same cold and dead eyes he last saw. He dreamt of the prince more specifically. He dreamt of the prince refusing to give the title to him.

He was afraid afterall, he knew he had irritated the prince, but he had no idea why the prince was so rude towards him.

"How could a fragile man be considered a war hero? You're pathetic Sir Jeon. You insult me by thinking I would allow you to have this title."

A knock resonated in the knights room as he laid in bed with tired eyes staring at the ceiling.

"Sir Jungkook, your breakfast," he heard from the other side, slowly standing up and opening the door.

"Thank you Marina, tell the chef I said thank you as well," he said as he took the tray and closed the door behind him.

The prince was still stuck in his mind, even as he ate the strawberries that were on top of the pancake.

He finally finished and stood in front of the mirror that stood across his room. He noticed the wound on the palm of his hand, noticing that the bruising had not reduced at all. If he looked at it long enough he would sometimes see thorny vines moving around, which only proved how sleep deprived he was to him.

He grabbed a red cloth and wrapped it around his hand, covering the wound. He grabbed his armor and began to assemble it, noticing the empty place of the piece of cloth he had thrown into the Generals tomb.

His silver armor glistened in the rays of sunlight that passed through the open curtains. You could see every dent and scratch the armor held, memories of battles and victory along with failure, every mark somehow bittersweet to the knight.

Without another word he prepared himself, grabbing the locket that his father had given him. He clutched it tightly as he prayed to his father and General Whon.

"Give me the strength you once posessed to be declaired General, and father, give me your spirit and kindness, for a war is just now approaching me."

"Sir Jungkook, the ceremony is about to begin in 5 minutes, head to the church."

Jungkook sighed as he heard the maid through the door. He kissed the locket and tucked it under his armor before he left his courters.

"Kim Taehyung, prince of Blinton. Through your life you have been trained for this position and you have shown strength and dignity throughout all of these years, dispite being hidden from most of the village. The health and safety of this village will now rest on your shoulders and shall you reign with a pure heart and thick skin. May your eyes hold the kindness for your people and coldness for your enemies. May your heart beat for the people, and may your hand hold thy sword proudly. I now crown you as King of Blinton. May you live to see the achievements of your people."

The crowd cheered as Taehyung stood up from his knees and bowed down to be crowned by the priest. It wasn't long before Taehyung felt the cold and heavy crown placed upon his blonde hair. He had always wanted his own crown since he was little, sometimes steeling his fathers crown and wearing it as a necklace. He would always get scolded by his father and encouraged by his mother.

"You will make a fine king someday, you know?" His mothers sweet words played in his mind as he felt the crown once again.

"I shall protect you all with my soul and love, for I shall be the beating heart of this village."

"Now, will the Knight Jeon Jungkook step forward."

Jungkook looked up from his lap as he heard his name. Everyone went silent as they watched the young man walk towards the king and the priest.

"My first order as King shall be to appoint this young man as General of the Blinton Army. May your bravery and kindness radiate throughout our army. May your heart be as strong as the wind and may your hands hold your pride higher. I now appoint you as... as General of the Blinton Army."

Taehyung stuttered as he suddenly met eyes with the knight who had looked up from his bow. Taehyung cleared his throat and grabbed his sword, slowly tapping it on the knights silver armor. As Jungkook stood up, Taehyung turned around and grabbed the medal that the priest had brought to him.

"For your bravery and loyalty to the kingdom," Taehyung said as he leaned forward and gently placed the medal on the knights neck. The necklace was laced with real gold and the medal had General Whons own signiture look, plain yet beautiful.

Cheers could be heard throughout the church as Jungkook bowed again towards the people.

"Thank you, your majesty," Jungkook said as he bowed and stood next to the kings throne.

"Your majesty? Not bad."