[Chapter 1]

"As we discussed earlier this week, you've received a special recommendation upon attending UA High School in which you will pursue the Hero course. I've already given the necessary paperwork for admission and you'll be meeting briefly with Eraserhead, AKA Shouta Aizawa and All-Might to elaborate more in depth on your expectations..."

Red.

"Your father would like you to fill out some forms in terms regarding use of your quirk. In section 4 of article 3 of the Professional Hero Documentation, Heroes in training are required to limit the use of their quirks in the following situations..."

That's all you saw. That damned color clouding your mind...

Vaguely registering full sentences flowing from your family secretary's mouth you pointed your attention elsewhere in the room. "Ms. L/N...."

"Hm?" You shot a gaze back at the skinny lady in all white as she held out a pristine black pen for you to take. "Thanks..." you could feel her confused gaze on you when scribbling your name out on the paper. The quirk you were born with allowed you to pick up the smallest emotions and thoughts from others around you and right now you felt....pitied.

Pure and utter pity from an employee of your father's.
"I know this is all a bit....overwhelming, Ms. L/N. I'm only following simple protocols and orders from your father"

Yeah right. There's a hefty paycheck waiting for you at the end of the day.

Instead you chose to answer politely otherwise you'd get an earful from your obnoxious old man."Of course, I understand"

"Now...I think that's all that I was required to cover with you. You get a shot at a normal teenage life all while your father keeps an eye on you. It benefits both sides"

"Wonderful, can I go now?"

"Without saying hello to dad? I'm hurt, Y/N" that obnoxious voice was the voice that made you want to drop multiple buildings on it all at once. Your father had his own code of morals. He was quite full of himself; a very prideful and selfish man. Not what you thought of when you imagined a hero. He waltzed in clothed in a crisp neat suit and typical tinted shades. "I called off a meeting early just so I could see you before your first day tomorrow. You could be a little more grateful, kid"

"How special I feel" you spat with a dead beat tone to your voice. "Why did you really cartwheel through that door, huh? I'm sure it wasn't because you missed dear old me"

"I came to collect your paperwork. You know the deal. I have to make sure you agreed to my terms..."

"No matter how shitty they were?" An evident smirk teased the corner of his mouth with an almost visible twitch. You were getting under his skin and it was always amusing to watch.

"First off, my terms aren't shitty..." he implied sarcastically and waving that black pen around. "Second and lastly, watch your mouth kiddo. I didn't raise you to use that language"

"The fact that you think you raised me at all is amusing" glancing away from your father and up at the clock, you rose from the leather chair and started towards the door nonchalantly. "I do believe I have to meet with Eraserhead and All-Might. I'll be on my way, dad"

Asshole.

Down the office corridor, you noticed a tall, dark haired man leaning against the marbled walls and flipping through what looked like your files as you got closer. You didn't think he'd look as rough as he did for a Pro, but that wasn't your concern. "Mr. Aizawa?" He looked you up and down with tired eyes before returning to the files; not taking a single friendly interest in you.

"You must be the kid. Who would've thought Lucius had it in him to have brats..." His emotions were blank and it puzzled you. He was possibly the first person ever in your lifetime that you couldn't figure out. Or maybe he truly didn't care?

"I...I'm sorry, are you a teacher or a counselor?"

"Walk with me, Y/N..." he started down the hallway without another explanation. You thought maybe a protest would be in order but as soon as the opportunity arose, he cut you off indefinitely. "Let's go, I don't have all day and I certainly don't get paid enough..." giving in to the remark, you shrugged to yourself and followed the strange man—slowing your pace to match his once you caught up. "Your father instructed us to keep a close watch on your quirk within UA. What does it do exactly?"

"Chaos energy manipulation. I can easily immobilize anyone without putting my hands on them, with a mixed in body suppressant. It's mainly based on my emotions from time to time"

"Quite the quirk for a kid. Unfortunately for you, All-Might won't be meeting you today. Fortunate for me, I don't have to file your paperwork. Class starts tomorrow morning at 8. Be on time, no one likes a late student" with that note, he left the corporate building. You weren't sure how your first day would turn out but by Aizawa's attitude, it was going to be a weird day for sure.

[That Night]

The light clatter of the pen you were levitating with your quirk dropped on the surface of your desk many times over. You were lost in thought—hypnotized by the night skyline of the city.

What would it be like?

You couldn't tell your emotions apart these days. One thing was for certain, that image...that color, never faded from your mind. You'd never forget. Part of you missed your mother, the other part wanting to see her again. That fantasy however, wasn't a possibility.

Red. Red. Red....how you hated that color.

~~~
I decided that I'd follow the storyline of the anime as much as possible! Makes the process nice and neat. Anyways see ya next chapter! ❤️

 Anyways see ya next chapter! ❤️