[Chapter 19]

Being that the next chapter will be the last, I wanted to give a little more insight to what really went down. PSA: someone sent me this bomb ass artwork from Pinterest and I just had to share it.

Hope you're all enjoying the story!

~~~

"We need to talk" you had barged into Lucius' office unannounced and a little upset. The fact that you were able to get past the security guard outside of his door wasn't an astounding feat. He looked extremely occupied as he held the phone against his ear.

"This is a very important call—" the office phone went flying across the room; the impact being so great that when it made contact with the wall, it smashed into pieces.

"I said we're talking. Now." He heeded your request, ushering you to sit. "I want to believe that my parents were heroic individuals who influenced the world to what it is today, I really do. But why would you do someone else's dirty work behind the scenes?!"

"What are you talking about?" Reaching into your bag, you dropped your findings onto his desk. You could feel the tension—his blood running cold at the sight of the very items he should've destroyed years ago. He didn't half expect you to find them. But now that you had...it was a problem.

"Would you like me to elaborate some more? What happened to you? You used to be a good person; you cared about your family for a change"

"How could a kid like you even begin to comprehend pain or grief the way someone like me has?!"

"How could I?! I lost my mother to villains! I lost you to this goddamn industry! I lost my brother to work! Even after all the shit you've put me through, with Raleigh being the sick monster he was—you want me to say that I haven't gone through what you have to understand?! I feel like I've walked the streets of hell for the past 5 years and lost some of my sanity while you had everything handed to you since you were born. It's not the same!"

"I did what I had to! Your mother was out of line for her actions. She should've never dragged you to St. Stephens"

"You'd put a 7 year old on trial for something unintentional? Your daughter?!" Lucius was infuriating. Naturally, you could never understand his intentions nor his motives. But you did pick up on some inner conflict. "What were you so afraid of?"

"A child that could get into the heads of others. At three, she could levitate all of the furniture if she threw a tantrum. 5 years old, she cut her older brother's hand because he took something of hers. At 7, killed 53 civilians in the Basilica accident in Hungary. And you don't think that any parent would be afraid of a child like that?" All the horrific times he brought reminisced started coming back, the pieces of your childhood were filling in. "Your mother used her own powers to make you forget everything wrong you'd ever done because she didn't think it was your fault. She put you in those situations"

"She wouldn't"

"Get over yourself, kid. Ali was just as guilty as the rest of us. Hate to say it but there aren't any guardian angels" you knew he was right. Everything Dabi had been trying to tell you up until now was starting to add up. It was unfortunate that the only person who gave a shit about you had to suffer for your mistakes.

"You're just as evil as the rest of them"

"You're no exception. How many dead people have you added to your conscience?" There was no point in talking to him any further and you wanted to be rid of his presence. So you turned to leave.

"Fuck you" however, Lucius wasn't done with your misdemeanor.

"You know, I've been giving your placement into UA some thought. I'm withdrawing you"