[Chapter 20]

[Next Morning]

"Increase the voltage" labored breaths of pain and exhaustion rendered you incapacitated. Electricity was not your strong suit, and you couldn't imagine anyone who favored it. The mere fact that you were being exposed to enough of the currents to be killed said a lot about your resilience. Though your quirk held strong to the sparking pain being inflicted on you.

"Are you sure? She'll probably die if I maxed out the voltage" Raleigh always had a certain intimidating factor to his personality. No one questioned or defied him, until he met you. And now his lead scientist was doing it? The look in his eyes made young man heed his request with no hesitation. You could feel the cuffs getting hotter by the second but it was as if you paid no attention; h/c hair covering your face and being restrained by metal chains attached to the concrete floors. Little by little, your red aura began to encase the chains, which was something Johess had never witnessed before. Before he could react, the chains and electric cuffs snapped, freeing you from the metal hell you were in.

Darkness... that was what had shrouded you. The screams of agony was the only thing filling the air. Glass shattering, busted light fixtures....all until everything was silent. Peaceful.

You stood to your feet, starting towards the unhinged door where Raleigh and his scientist operated the controls. Slowly regaining your footing was difficult but your state was that of a trance. The crunching of glass underneath your boots and the squeaking of the broken lights made for an eerie environment. Both men were dead, blood spattered on the floors and walls; even the electricity control panel was out of commission and steaming. You silently proceeded, retrieving your red jacket from the corner. Walking the halls of the empty facility felt like a hike that'd last for hours; Something you didn't have the strength for but you continued, overstepping the dead around you.

"Well shit... this is probably your best work yet" when you found you couldn't walk any further, the exhaustion pushed you to collapse.

"Should we take her back?" This time, only Diablo, Nightmare and Dabi were present. The flame user was contemplating the suggestion that Nightmare brought about.

"She doesn't have ties with the heroes anymore" without question, he hoisted your figure into his arms; in both a supportive and protective manner.

"Let's go" Nightmare and Diablo shared a mutual grin before following their partner.

[2 Days Later]

You awoke to find yourself in a small room. Not entirely sure where you were, you didn't have the strength worry about it. The bed you were laid on was relatively comfortable.

"You're awake. And you're at my house, in case you were wondering" Nightmare had already pulled up a chair next to you. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit"

"That's not uncommon. Do you remember what happened?" You weren't sure you understood her question. Sure, you remembered your dream, your mother, the argument with Lucius...and Raleigh's experiment. After that, you blacked out.

"Something bad, I imagine"

"Well...I think it's best you focus on recovering. It's been 2 days since being unconscious. Your quirk must've taken a toll on you. Whenever you feel up to it, I took the liberty of washing your clothes, and there's some other things in the dresser" You nodded as she gave you some privacy. Her house was well organized and dare say, quiet. There was a bathroom you took the liberty of using. Something you didn't notice upon looking at yourself in the mirror were in fact your eyes. Usually when your powers wore off, they'd return to their normal e/c, but they were still red; a darker crimson, which threw you for a loop. What happened to you?