[Chapter 13]

"And you expect me to trust what's coming out of your mouth right now?" You wanted so badly to just beat this guy to a pulp in your empty apartment. The way his expression didn't change as you were clearly getting worked up over his accusations made you worry. What secrets were being kept from you all these years? It was alarming at what you didn't know.

"You're smart, you should....but I think it's easier to show you" you raised a hand; ready to fully activate your quirk but he was much faster than you; gripping your wrist and pinning your other free hand behind your back as he led you towards the roof. "Feisty girl..."

"Where are you taking me?"

"How about wait till we get there, dammit" Once on the roof overlooking the bright city skyline, Dabi released you with a harsh push. "So, views nice right?"

"Get with explaining why you brought me up here. Not to be romantic, I'm sure"

"For a long time, your father has ran this god forsaken town in hopes of modernizing it—so it suits all the heroes. My point being is that these self righteous heroes have to be put to a stop; not knowing you were born to do just that"

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"There's a reason your quirk was awakened the way it was. Raleigh was paid to torture you and run tests and all that Jazz. You're a walking science experiment Y/N" you folded your arms across your chest as you listened to his story—chilly night winds blowing your long H/C hair every which way. You couldn't believe this; not that you cared to.

"You're lying..."

"Just because your mind can't process it doesn't mean it's not true" he started advancing towards you and you wanted to hold your ground but his demeanor suddenly frightened you. So you acted on the instinct to back away until you remembered you were on a penthouse roof. The rough winds from below violently whipping your sweatshirt.

"Back off"

"Or what? Go ahead, use your quirk sweetheart. Either that or you mysteriously fall 10 stories and land flat on that pavement down there...you pick. Your father...traded his own daughter for mere publicity just because other people said to. Your mother saw the dark side of it and tried to handle it on her own. You know the rest"

"Bullshit..."

"Believe what you want. I'm right and you know it" you didn't have a chance to process anything when he grabbed your shoulders and spun you around to face the city again. His breath was close enough that it brushed against your ear; and your back on his chest. "Whether you like it or not... all of this is going to come crashing down. The best part...you're going to be to blame"

~~~~

You were on your way out of your room when you noticed a certain blonde heading into his. It was too early for confrontations—so you proceeded down the hall; not sparing a glance. Ever since your encounter, you'd been keeping your head down—not speaking or hanging around any of your friends. You figured it was safer this way; minus the guilt of neglect washing over you the past couple of days.

"Heading off to your internship, half-pint?" By now, he'd turned the key in the lock.

"Yeah..." you didn't expect him to acknowledge your presence; he never did, so it caught you as a bit of a surprise. The silence was sickening and you wanted nothing more than to be rid of it. Fortunately for you, he didn't say anything else—quietly disappearing into his room. You weren't sure what happened just then. For once there wasn't a blow up or a scowl. In fact, you didn't sense any emotion from him. Blank slate. Maybe he had a rough day?

....

Today was the day you'd meet your mentor. You were quite excited about your internship. So, when you saw her, it was almost like a dream. She was seated in her office doing some work; you felt embarrassed for intruding. Quickly taking note of your presence, she flashed a friendly smile—putting down her pen.

"Y/N, correct?" You nodded, not sure if you should speak or gesture. But you'd have to communicate at some point, right? "I won't bite dear, you're allowed to talk" she said, chuckling at your awestruck behavior.

"I'm sorry I just...can't believe I'm getting this opportunity"

"You should believe it. You're part of class 1-A right? You kids did great at the Festival and exam, certainly got the talent to prove it. Since today's your first day, I won't make you do anything major, just a simple recon mission. Then we can sit and talk about that quirk of yours"

.....

I know it's been a while but for good reason. Some things came up over the time period that I said I'd have this chapter done. So I sincerely apologize to you all. Also, try having writers block during tough times, it's horrifying. Anyways, I know this chapter is shorter than usual but I didn't feel like it needed to be super long.

Thank you for being patient with me and to everyone that either added this story to their lists of reads all the way down to the votes; thank you. I'll see you guys in the next one.

Bye! ✍🏾💋