[Chapter 14]

Ding ding.....

You turned over in bed; trying to block out the noise from your phone, however; that wasn't happening.

Ding ding....din—

Before you knew it, your phone had stopped abruptly; which rendered you to open one eye to investigate why. Everything in your hotel room was levitating, your quirk giving the items it's red aura and somehow your phone had flown across the room. "No no..." after a few minutes you were semi successful in straightening your temporary residence while on interns. "I thought I had this under control" checking your phone screen, you noticed your father had called, if that wasn't odd enough. You dialed him back but didn't expect to get through.

"Morning kiddo. You're up early"

"Uhm...yeah just—I was checking the schedule today. What do you want?"

"I heard you were close to the coast. I didn't know you chose Ryuko for your mentor..." lately, you hadn't filled Lucius in on how you were even though that was the sole purpose of your attending the school. "What sparked that decision?"

"Well I...my quirk is chaos energy, I just assumed that since it was similar to hers in some way, she could give tips and pointers on controlling it better"

"You analyze like your mother"

"Someone has to. Why'd you call? Am I in trouble? Listen, if this is about Caesar's nose, I already apologized to him—he can get off my back now"

"Caesar's—no, what are you talking about? And what happened to his nose?" You stood silent; embarrassed you'd let that secret slip.

"Uh—I'm not sure I get your drift. I've gotta leave in a few"

"Go, we'll continue this conversation later" you hung up and got ready for the day. You were quite pleased with how your newer hero costume fit you. A little alterations here and there but it looked great and you couldn't wait to let it see some action. It had been a while since you ran into Dabi for the second time; not that you were complaining. You still frequently thought about what he said... and if he meant it. He never specified who he worked for or who was over the orders. You were hoping to never see him again and continue life normally. Oh how wrong you were.

.....

"You think she'll be easy to catch?" He stood against an empty alley wall, arms folded and eyes closed. Something was on his mind currently; as he ignored the question a partner popped.

"How long...?"

"4 more hours. I personally don't think that's enough time"

"It's more than enough. You'd be surprised at how predictable she is. The old man wants her unharmed and alive, a little force is necessary I'd say"

"WELL THAT'S NO FAIR! I WANNA SEE THE PRETTY GIRL TOO, YOU LEFT WITHOUT ME!" Some blonde haired girl with two spiky buns on either side of her head; scowling at the men with her yellow gold orbs.

"Pipe down, Toga. You were taking too long anyhow"

"That's rude, Dabi. How do you know her?"

"Longtime friend of mine. That was the past, I'm not dwelling on it any longer than need be. Since you freaks are all here, I'll give the rundown. Her name is Y/N. She's the kid the military experimented on after the League was successful in killing Ali. Her quirk was always there, just heightened after being a lab rat of sorts. It's simple, but deadly. Chaos energy manipulation...useful in combat and close range situations. Meaning, don't let your guard down around her, there's no telling how much she's learned from her mentor" a villain amongst the two spoke up in regards to their orders. A dark hoodie covered his head but visible tattoos on every inch of his body.