[Chapter 11]

You needed some peace and quiet before your fight. That wasn't happening, sadly. Bakugou had always referred to them as the "General Studies assholes" and so far, they'd lived up to that nickname. After your encounter with Raleigh, you really wanted to avoid talking and socializing, so you turned the opposite way down the hall to leave. You must not have been quick enough because you were noticed immediately.

"If it isn't a 1-A Loser" you sighed, mentally cursing when you forced yourself to turn back towards their direction. "You know our class plans on completely dominating the festival this year, right?"

"Why would I care? Considering we've got the most points, I'd say you're dominating failure"

"What'd you say?!" They hadn't even been given the chance to get any closer due to a familiar purple-haired teen stepping in front of you.

"It shouldn't be offensive if she's telling the truth"

"Oh come on, Shinsou. Don't tell us you support these 1-A pricks" He simply rolled his eyes; not finding the energy to answer the question.

"Go watch a fight or something" you noticed immediately that they did what he said—no questions asked. Once alone in the empty hallway, he glanced over you once and scoffed. "You must be L/N....the pros can't get enough of you after the obstacle course" you remembered what his quirk could do after he'd faced Midoriya, so it was no surprise that you didn't answer or try to agree to anything he said. "Least you could do is commune back...I'm not going to use my quirk on you"

"With the day I've had, you expect me to believe you? I don't even know you, yet you just took up for our class"

"I wasn't helping you" Liar.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Look, I think a little insight on your opponent would do you some good, so here I am. I'm not your friend and I'm damn sure not your guardian angel. If the shoe fits, I'm not a fan of class 1-A anyway" you saw no reason to argue. Either that or you were just tired of everything at the moment.

"Elise, right?" You asked; recalling the girl around your age.

"Yeah...her quirk is a basic water manipulation, but powerful if underestimated. Though I'm sure with your IQ, it won't be a problem"

"I like to think I'm pretty intelligent. So this Elise, what's her weakness?"

"She's predictable with her quirk. First thing she'll try is to surround your body with water; attempting to cut off some oxygen. Whatever your quirk is, disrupt it. Secondly, she's good at masking her emotions and intentions. Lastly, she's not big on fighting other people, so she'll probably hesitate when she sees you"

"So I should focus on the goal?"

"Just don't overdo it, and you'll be fine. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting into the top 3"  you nodded.

"Guess you're not the asshole I first perceived you to be"

"That's a compliment coming from you, I guess I'll take it"

[Timeskip]

Pulling your long hair up into a tightly secure ponytail, you made your way inside of the area where you'd be fighting. Elise was about 5'4 with ginger red hair and brown eyes. You could see the surprise on her face when she saw you. Shinsou mentioned her hesitant manner, so you could tell he was spot on. For the sake of her quirk, staff had filled a trench around the arena with about 5 feet deep water. However, you didn't notice the hand she offered to you until she spoke.

"You're Y/N from the 1-A class. Elise Sierrè" you silently shook her hand. "Your performance in the obstacle course was phenomenal"