[Chapter 12]

Hi, it's me Ombré. I just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who's been reading. So just recently, I've been trying to get my life together for the sake of this book. I know I've skipped a lot throughout, and I know it's been pretty sloppy, but no more! I'm gonna do my very best with the remaining chapters. Not sure how many chapters there's gonna be just yet but I'll probably finish up at about 20 to 25, really depends. Anyways, I'm super excited but I'll stop talking and let you guys read!

.....

"This is the last of it..." you sat the final box down and tiredly sat on top of it. Today, you and everyone else of class 1-A were finally moving into your dorms. Right now, you were helping Shouto unload his stuff into his room.

"That was so much workkkk" you whined—still posted on top of the sturdy box. Typically, Saturday and Sunday was your lazy day. You and the girls had already moved in yesterday, the boys, however, were just procrastinators, and had decided to take today and possibly tomorrow to haul in their junk. You didn't have time to collect your thoughts when some classmates came storming in; Kaminari and Kirishima running around to keep something they'd stolen from Mineta. Shouto was clearly annoyed by the three just barging in but you found it quite amusing.

"Come on! Give it back!"

"Who's this even for anyway?" Mineta shied away from the question but reluctantly answered..

"I was writing to my parents!"

"Aw, that's so sweet. Did you ask your mom to visit?"

"You two are always taking stuff! Just give it back" you stretched and yawned before gaining their attention; something Todoroki had no further interest in.

"Guys! Do you want Aizawa on your ass for not finishing your unpacking?"

"Aizawa seems pretty lenient to me. If anything, he'd just glance at us like he always does and won't say anything" Kaminari just shrugged.

"Hey, did you and the girls finish moving in yesterday?" Kirishima asked—he was always quite pleasant with you, considering he hung around Bakugou all day.

"Yeah, but Shouto asked for my help to get him settled in, so here I am. On my lazy Saturday..."

"You don't sound too thrilled about it Y/N" you shrugged and finally stood to get your bearings—not caring how wrinkled your oversized sweater had gotten from moving around all day.

"I'm pretty neutral"

"Oi, you lazy fucks! There's more boxes to unpack" you, Kirishima, Shouto, Kaminari and Mineta averted your attention towards the doorway. Bakugou was standing there; not too pleased about the slack he was getting from the three, and a large box in his grasp. "Get to it, assholes" You two didn't see eye to eye at all. He only spared a 2 second glance your way before continuing down the hall to wherever his room was. Kirishima took note of the murderous tension.

"Geez, you'd think by now he'd be able to tolerate you"

"It's whatever. Bakugou hates everyone. Is it really that much of a surprise?"

"Guess not. We should probably get going. Have fun unpacking!" You waved the three off, leaving just you and your best friend. Shouto was pretty silent about everything, even when it was just the two of you. You didn't mind the silence, and you knew neither did he. In the midst of your unpacking, you were going through some important documents you had stored on your phone from being in the care of Raleigh. One after the other, you didn't find anything out of the ordinary. Until you came across the last one was when you froze. The letter was signed by the maniac, but the initials stuck out to you; as if they were familiar somehow.

"JMR...." you mumbled to yourself. It was then that you reached into the pocket of your jacket and pulled out the shiny silver ring you'd held onto a couple of months back. "H-hey...Shouto?" Your voice was slightly trembling now as the realization hit you.

"Hmm?"

"Do you remember the ring I found?"

"Yes, why?"

"I think I may have figured out who it belongs to" he stopped his actions and walked over to you.

"You're sure?" You pointed to Raleigh's initials signed on the letter, then referred back to the ring inscription. "It's an identical match. But there are a lot of people who have identical initials"

"You think Raleigh was the one snooping in mom's files?"

"It could be possible. With the way he was behaving at the Sports Festival, it was almost like he didn't do anything" he did have a point, but right now, you were sure it was the evil bastard. Nothing could change your mind.

"I should ask Lucius about this..." since your mom had died, most of your memories were a blur. You knew of past friends and family but there was a dark cloud hanging over all of it, and it bothered you. However, most of it would come back to you; sooner than expected and not in the nicest form or fashion.

....

A long day of unpacking with your best friend left you exhausted, and since it was only Saturday, you had a whole day to contemplate where you were headed now that the Sports Festival was over. Your half empty apartment had you wondering.

"Stop it Y/N. You're only making this more and more stressful" you scolded yourself—getting too wrapped tight in your thoughts. You had to admit, you hadn't been yourself these last few days; with being bothered to intern with the hero of your choice. You yourself had a few people in mind for the job. The sound of your jingling keys you'd sat on the counter behind you were now being tossed up and down by someone strangely familiar.

"You definitely don't need anymore stress on top of what you already have, do you? Longtime no see"

"I don't know you...."

"Correction," he tossed the keys over to you—which you swiftly caught in one hand. "You do know me, you just can't remember. Though I can't blame you when Raleigh and your mom played around in your head for years" you overlooked the multiple scarred burns on his body with the exception that he mentioned your mother.

"What? How do you know about her? Look, now would be best for you to tell me what the hell is going on before I kick your ass for trespassing"

"Doubt you'd be doing much of that. There's a lot I could tell you. But now isn't the time or the setting. Besides, I hear traumatic events bring back forgotten memories"

"What're you—" you kept your eyes on the now blue flames illuminating his palm and bouncing off the walls of your apartment. "You....you blew up the restaurant"

"Accusations were always your thing" as he got closer, you put as much distance between you and him as possible. "We've been watching you for a while now"

"Who's we?"

"You'll find out soon enough. Just know that not everyone you trusted had good intentions, especially your so called family"

.....

Gonna stop right there. I've been doing a lot of thinking about the internships and which hero would be best, even talked it over with a friend and they gave some really good feedback, so super excited to get into the good parts! As always, thanks for reading and I'll see you next chapter!

Bye guys! ✍🏾💋