[Chapter 16]

He was older, 50's to 60's. His main source of income was made primarily off of the hero world. His renown interviews with and about heroes was what grabbed everyone's attention. You sighed and shut your laptop; sitting it on your table. Luckily for you, you were able to get out on this place. You'd already wasted 5 hours in completing this task. But you had never killed anyone before. How did they expect you to do it so easily?

"You ready to get out of here?" What was worse was that your brother was here with you. He was already in danger; even if he didn't know it.

"Yeah..are you going home after this?"

"That's the plan. Why does my little sister want me to stay?"

"No. I was just asking. You do have a life to get back to"

"Unfortunately. I'll call to check up on you more often, deal?"

"Ok...." you weren't in control of your actions when you hugged him rather tightly. At first he was shocked, even froze for a minute or two. Soon enough, he hugged you back; a soft pat on your back. "Just uh...be careful going back ok?"

"Are you running a fever or something? You don't seem like yourself right now"

"I'm serious, be careful"

"I will"

....

Sneaking out of the dorms at UA was easy enough for you. You were exceptionally good at going unnoticed. You'd wasted so much time. The streets were cold tonight; your hands in the pockets of your hoodie.

"This seems so excessive"

"Maybe. You move pretty slow for military property" obviously he'd been waiting on you—though you weren't sure how he was able to track you so easily. "You're down to 3 hours"

"Yeah I got that. I dunno how you expect me to kill someone who's being constantly monitored" he spared a glance before walking off; practically leaving you behind in the cold, empty streets. "Hey, where are you going?"

"You wanna know, follow, loud-mouth"

"Your sarcastic commentary isn't needed" but you did what he said—just for the sake of your curiosity. You both finally strolled up to a restaurant. Not too fancy but not too under class. You were beyond confused and highly annoyed. He didn't utter a word; and instead pointed for you to look through the window. There he sat, your supposed target. He looked to be there on business.

"Reconnaissance says he's working on a deal with a local journalist. It's not gonna be a nice write up"

"So what's the point of taking this guy out"

"He's the source. Well he and your dear dad...he's the start. When he's gone, the collapse will have already started"

"Collapse?" Dabi had his gaze fixed on the millionaire; who'd now stood up from the table to shake hands with his associate. On that note, he exited the restaurant and headed down the street.

"Let's go"

....

He sat almost aimlessly at his desk typing away at whatever had his attention. Files upon files were stacked on top of each other. Reading the names out loud as he typed, one in particular caught his eye. It was almost as he'd seen a ghost.

"Ali L/N...best female hero around" With Dabi emerging from the shadows, the millionaire quickly stood from his desk, scrambling to get his weapon.

"Why are you back? I thought I made a deal with your boss"

"Funny thing about deals..." He looked over to where you were standing; and you definitely weren't pleased. "They expire" he recognized you immediately though.

"You're Lucius' brat, aren't you?"

"And you're Mr. Decasas...I imagined this meeting to go differently"

"And I want you kids to know you're trespassing. This is private property and--" Dabi groaned in evident annoyance at the perpetrator.

"He usually talk this much?"

"You have no idea." it exasperated him even more to see that neither of you were taking him nor his threats seriously; talking amongst yourselves during the dispute. Though you and Dabi glanced back towards him when you perceived an audible 'click'.

"You gonna tell us why you've got dead people's files on your desk?" he was in no position to negotiate, he knew. And the fact that his weapon was empty proved you were one step ahead. It shouldn't have come as a shock to him; considering you were sent by his ex-employer.

"What about the dogs? How'd you get past my dogs?" he asked in a weak-kneed tone.

"You don't need to worry about that. Y/N over here made sure they wouldn't be harmed or a nuisence" As Dabi got closer to the man--a single flame ignited strongly, you realized just how twisted this situation was. But you had to do this...for your brother's safety, right?

"It was Raleigh!" your head snapped up at the mention of your tormentor's name. "He wanted the evidence destroyed, so he paid me to do it; on account that his part of the crime was kept in the dark"

"Yeah? What would you do with an extra penny, huh?" Without warning, Dabi released the man's collar--which he previously had bunched up in his fist, letting Decasas fall to his knees. It was a pathetic sight really...his excessive begging, not realizing his part of the crime was just as bad as Raleigh's.

"I didn't think it meant anything, let alone All for One sending his freaks after me. Surely you're the reasonable one in all of this"

"You didn't think you could've destroyed a family? My family! I was a child!" you hadn't realized you were strangling the man via your quirk. With your quirk oozing from your hands, he was struggling to inhale and exhale; the agitation prevalent in his expression. This was what pure rage felt like and Dabi stood back to observe. This was you in your prime; an unrestricted version. All for One would enjoy experimenting with your mental state a little later. You could be a valuable asset to the League, Dabi was sure of it.

.....

Hey y'all! I know it's been a while since I've last updated. I already had this written I just haven't posted it.

But, finals are coming around and I'm taking the extra time to study and do my very best since I'm a biology major.

Anyways, thanks for your patience and see you in the next one