[Chapter 17]

Your predicament wasn't a good one. Ever since last night, news had already surfaced about Decasas' death. And you...you'd been 'sick' since then. Everyone was worried about you. Even when some of your friends came to check on you, you refused to let them into your room; fear of spreading your sickness.

All that crossed your mind was your brothers safety.

But the deed was done, your tracks were covered ...so why did it feel like there was something else?

"Y/N?"

"Hm?"

"Class is over" you subconsciously pulled yourself together—the last two in the empty classroom. Daydreaming and mental freak outs were part of the routine now. It was weird, really. You hardly acknowledged anyone's presence, even your best friend. "You're better, I hope?"

"Actually I'm still pretty under the weather..."

"Really? You know... I don't think you've ever been one for lying"

"I like to think I'm a pretty good liar"

"When it serves you" Shouto was able to read you quite well in terms of truthfulness. You weren't ready for this...you couldn't confide in anyone; or the only family you had would suffer. "You haven't been the same since the building incident. What's going on?"

"Nothing. I'm just...tired" and you left it at that—walking off before he had the chance to ask another question. You retired to your room and you weren't expecting anyone else to bother you today. But a hero should always expect the unexpected, right? Three solid knocks echoed across your room, and you wearily got off of your computer to see who it was.

"Hi!" You missed that energetic voice and bubbly personality. You missed hanging out with all of your friends in fact.

"Hey...look I'm fine, you don't have to—"

"Well too bad! I'm not taking your excuses, I came to cheer you up"

"Ochaco..."

"No excuses!" You sighed, stepping aside to let her into your room. One part of you wanted some company, the other refused it. It's like your mind was at war; and you wanted it all to be over. "I brought you snacks and we're watching a movie"

"Thanks...how'd I get blessed with such good friends, huh?"

"Because you deserve it. Now talk to me, what's going on? You don't even exchange blows with Bakugou anymore" you both were seated comfortably on your sofa by now.

"I guess I've just been feeling a little down...depressed maybe. You ever been unsure about making a decision? Like the world could cave at any second because of you?"

"Well...it's never been that intense for me. And your circumstances could very well be worse than mine. It just goes to show you never really know what someone else is going through"

"Ever since my family separated, life has just gotten worse and worse...."

"No one ever said it'd be easy...growing up and becoming heroes. Although I think it makes things a lot less boring"

"You're always so cheerful"

"Not always...I like making others happy and to see them smile. You've just got a lot on your shoulders, you can't carry that weight on your own. That's why we're friends. But...whenever you're ready to tell me what's actually wrong, I'll be here to listen"

"Thanks..." And thus, economically, that's when the chaos started. Everything seemed to be going haywire. From stocks to taxes, people were really starting to lose it. Oddly, you weren't expecting a phone call at this hour. Though once you picked up, you regretted it immediately.