↳ five

THE DOCTOR SHOWED LINDSEY HER ROOM WHICH THE TARDIS HAD MADE SPECIALLY FOR HER

THE DOCTOR SHOWED LINDSEY HER ROOM WHICH THE TARDIS HAD MADE SPECIALLY FOR HER. Upon opening the door she was in awe. Her room was a light shade of pink it wasn't too much yet simple and not overly girly which she appreciated. Her bed was sitting in the middle of the far wall with two white bedside tables that held a light on one table and photo frames with a little ballet figurine beside it. 

Off to the left, there was a wardrobe that was bigger on the inside, like the walk-in wardrobes at home. She had shelves that didn't give anything on them yet. On the right was a little reading nook, and a few bookshelves stocked with books.

But what caught her eye was the violin in the corner, it was hers... Excalibur. She walked up to it running her fingers over the instrument, reminiscing of the times she played using that violin.

On her bed was a bunch of pillows, from fluffy pale pink to lush silver sequin ones and the fluffy off-white throw blanket that lay on the foot of the bed. She stepped towards the bed sitting down, running her hand over the throw.

"Well? What do you think?" the Doctor asked, leaning against the doorway

Lindsey looked around the room that was decorated for her, her gaze soon landed on the Doctor, "I love it" she replied, letting out a small laugh making the man smile, through her smile dropped as soon as she looked away, "Why are you letting me stay? I mean Rose doesn't like me, from what I gather I haven't done anything to her."

The Doctor sighed, pushing off the doorway walking towards the bed, sitting beside her, "It might be because she wanted Adam to come with us, but I didn't want him after how he treated you before and I wanted you to come with me... us, you've been imprisoned in his cage for years. I couldn't just leave you there.."

"But why, you barely know me."

"I don't know why I just..." he stopped himself from telling her that she felt familiar to him, then he remember something that he had found out about her, "Lindsey there's something you should know."

"What is it?"

"Do you know what year you were taken from?"

"Yes... It was 2019," she frowned as his face changed from curiosity to concern, "Why, what year is it?"

"Lindsey when I... we found you, it was 2014," he told her, and instantly regretted it when he saw her face.

Lindsey's eyes widened in shock as she turned away from him staring at nothing, letting the Doctor's words sink in, 2014 but that's not possible I disappeared in 2019. This doesn't make sense how could I have been transported or whatever five years into the past, she thought as her hands began to shake, "That's not possible," she whispered as tears started to form in her eyes, threatening to spill.

The Doctor regretted telling her, he knew that it wasn't going to be good news for her, and seeing her reaction broke his hearts. He pulled her into his arms as she sobbed into his chest, her hand gripping his undershirt.