↳ eight

THE TRIO FOLLOWED PETE TYLER INTO THE POWELL ESTATE, the drive to his home was tense and quiet, Rose was in the front with her father who was now alive thanks to the blonde holding the vase in her lap

THE TRIO FOLLOWED PETE TYLER INTO THE POWELL ESTATE, the drive to his home was tense and quiet, Rose was in the front with her father who was now alive thanks to the blonde holding the vase in her lap. The Doctor was sitting in the seat behind Rose glaring at the back of her head, he was silently fuming for what the blonde had done as Lindsey sat next to him, holding his hand in reassurance she too was upset for the fact that Rose had saved her father when he was meant to be dead, she knew something bad was going to happen but the blonde wouldn't have listened to her because of the hatred that Rose felt towards Lindsey. Rose and Pete were talking about random things her grin widened ever so often as they pulled up to the estate.

Pete unlocked the door, placing the vase on a box that was stacked near the entrance. "Right, there we go. Sorry about the mess" he said, as they followed him inside. "If you want a cup of tea, the kitchens just down there, milk's in the fridge." he points towards where the kitchen was, "Well, it would be, wouldn't it." he jokes, Lindsey and the Doctor stood behind Rose as Pete rambled on, "Mind you, there's always the window sill outside. I always thought if someone invented a window sill with special compartments, you know, one for milk, one for yogurt, make a lot of money out of that." Rose smiles in delight as she listens to him as he rambles on about his ideas. The Doctor stood there looking at Lindsey who was playing the ends of her sleeves nodding slightly, seeming as if she was interested but in honesty, she was concerned. "...Sell it to students and things. I should write that down. Anyway, never mind that, excuse me for a minute. Got to go and change." he said, dashing off to the bedroom.

Rose walks into the living room, looking around at all of her father's belongings "All the stuff mum kept. His stuff. She kept it all packed away in boxes in the cupboard." she reminisces, "She used to show me when she'd had a bit to drink." 

The Doctor stood in the doorway leaning against the frame with his arms crossed, Lindsey beside him worried about the Doctor's reactions she placed her hand on his arm hoping to calm him down. He turns his head towards her noticing her look, "Doctor?" she whispers, he shakes his head turning his head back towards the blonde as she held up a golden trophy with green wrapped around it. "Third prize at the bowling. First, two got to go to Didcot." she told them, ignoring the look that the Doctor was sending her, something on the floor caught her eye, "Health drinks." she looks up at them smiling, "Tonics, mum used to call them. He made his money selling this Vitex stuff. He had all sorts of jobs. He was so clever." 

She walks over to the table seeing blueprints of what looked like solar panels, "Solar power. Mum said he was going to do this." she turns to them, "Now he can."

"When we met, I said travel with me in space. You said no. Then I said time machine."

"It wasn't some big plan." Rose told him, defending herself, "I just saw it happening and I thought... I can stop it.

The Doctor shook his head "I did it again. I picked another stupid ape." Lindsey who was standing next to him stood back slightly, feeling offended by his comment. "I should've known. It's not about showing you the universe. It never is. It's about the universe doing something for you."