↳ twelve

JACK'S GRIP AROUND LINDSEY TIGHTENED AS THE PATIENTS ARE ALMOST WITHIN TOUCHING DISTANCE

JACK'S GRIP AROUND LINDSEY TIGHTENED AS THE PATIENTS ARE ALMOST WITHIN TOUCHING DISTANCE. Lindsey bites her bottom lip as one patient was inches away from her and Jack until...

"Go to your room."

The patients in the ward standstill as the Doctor spoke, staring at them angrily. "Go to your room. I mean it. I'm very, very angry with you. I am very, very cross. Go to your room!"

Lindsey watched in shock as every patient hung their heads in shame as the Doctor shouted at them and shuffle away and they head back to where they awoke from. She let out a nervous laugh, pulling out of Jack's arms, much to his displeasure.

"I'm really glad that worked." the Doctor chuckled. "Those would have been terrible last words."

'Defiantly a poor choice for last words." Lindsey joked as she stepped next to him. He looked down at her and smiled.

Rose stared at the now dormant patients nervously, "Why are they all wearing gas masks?"

"They're not," Lindsey stated.

"She's right, Those masks are flesh and bone," Jack told her.

"How was your con supposed to work?" the Doctor asked.

"Simple enough, really," Jack replied. "Find some harmless piece of space junk, let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price. When he's put fifty percent upfront, oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for, never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con."

"Yeah. Perfect." the Doctor scoffed.

"The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners." Jack commented, "Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day." Jack laughed at his joke, "Getting a hint of disapproval."

"Roughly two thousand people died when Vesuvius erupted, Jack!" Lindsey glared at him, making him eye the floor, "That's not something you laugh about."

"Take a look around the room." the Doctor snapped, getting sick of him. "This is what your harmless piece of space junk did."

"It was a burnt-out medical transporter." Jack insisted, "It was empty."

"Lindsey. Rose," he called.

"Are we getting out of here?" Rose asked.

"No. We're going upstairs."

"I even programmed the flight computer so it wouldn't land on anything living. I harmed no one." he defended himself, "I don't know what's happening here, but believe me, I had nothing to do with it."

"I'll tell you what's happening. You forgot to set your alarm clock. It's volcano day."

A siren sounds.