Alerted To Be

Hello and welcome to the first official chapter of this book! Today, the first day I'm publishing this, is Sawyer's birthday! How convenient. Well, before you read, Malus is what Anti's side of the world call Darkiplier, because of something that I explained in the other book. It means bad in Latin. Okay enjoy!

Sawyer's POV

"Sawyer where are you?!" My father yells for me. I rush to his voice as fast as I can. My feet pounding against the wooden floor. The footsteps echoing in my body. He calls for me again as I near him.

He stands at the front doors of our castle. I pause and look at him with confusion in my eyes. He wears a black t-shirt and black jeans with rips at the knees, like normal. His neck having the cut across it with the blood dried on the skin. His body occasionally glitching out like it normally does, but something seems off about him.

"Sawyer, we have trouble," is all he says. I nod and rush to the door windows to peak outside. He pulls me away before I get a good look.

"Hey! Stay away from there. I didn't say you could see it," he yells at me. I just keep my composure and wait for what he says next.

"Well, why'd you call me father?" I ask him politely. He looks at me angrily and sighs before turning and doing circles.

"Malus is doing something. We need to stop him before he finishes it. Sawyer come on we'll go break his skull," he heads to the door but I grab his arm before he can go any further.

"Dad you're giving me mixed signals. What's going on? Malus is doing something? You don't want me to look outside but then you head out there. What's wrong?" I ask in annoyance and pure confusion.

"Did you not see what happened outside? There was a sign that someone else was brought here. They're not on our side so they're obviously with Malus. The more egos he gets the more powerful he is. We need to destroy his kingdom!" My father exclaims in anger and rips his arm out of my grasp.

"Father stop! Maybe we should reach out to him. Try to do it peacefully? Once he trusts us we can backstab him and take over?" I offer. He grins at the sound of backstabbing and nods. He walks to another room and I follow.

I find him leading me to the dining room. He pulls out a piece of paper from the drawer against the wall in the corner. I hand him a mechanical pencil I found lying on the counter in the kitchen and we sit down so he can write.

Five minutes or so later he finishes. He drops the pencil onto the table and read over the letter. I try to read it but he waves his hand so I can't read it. He sets it down on the table and gets out of his chair.

"Sawyer, stay there. I'm going to get someone to take this over," he informs and runs off. I rotate my chair and put my legs up on a chair. I pull out a gun and twirl it on my finger. I stare at it in a gaze, not really fazed by how close it is to my face.

I grip the handle with my palm stopping its motion. I examine it some more in thought. It all becomes blurry as I think to myself.

"Sawyer! Come on let's go!" someone shakes my shoulders. I jump and smack them with my gun. They cry out in pain and I figure out who it is.

"I'm so sorry Marvin! I didn't mean to, it's just reflexes, you know?" I awkwardly laugh. He looks at my apologetic self and he laughs a little himself and rubs his cheek.

"What an excuse. Silliest one yet," he mutters." Come on, your father wants to see us in the spell room." I nod and get out of this uncomfortable seat and follow him down the hall.

"How did you fall asleep in that chair? It doesn't look comfy," he asks. I shake my head and rub my neck.

"It's not comfy at all," I respond. He nods and we continue until we pause. I open the door and Marvin walks in first with me following. In there is my father at the podium. Around him are bookcases and shelves of books and potions and random ingredients for who knows what.

Marvin pushes Dad to the side and looks at the stand. I sit on one of the stools next to a desk and face them. My father looks at me with a scowl. I don't react and focus on Marvin. He reads something on the stand before looking at my Dad.

"Where is the letter?" he asks. Dad nods and hands it to Marvin. Marvin places it on the floor in front of the stand. He walks back around it and Dad pulls a stool up to me and takes a seat next to me.

Marvin reads something out of a book. The letter slowly disappears into thin air. He finishes and rests himself on the stand. Dad stands up and walks over to Marvin. He wraps one of his arms around his neck and holds Marvin up.

"Come on Sawyer. Let's get Marvin to his room." I nod and rush over to Marvin's other side. We walk through the castle to Marvin's room. As we go, I begin to think to myself.

"Hey, Dad. What do you think Malus is up to?"

"Nothing good." He answers. I lightly nod and continue walking.

"What if he has his own son?" I ask him. He shakes his head disapprovingly to me.

"Malus never had any children. He would've told me," he answers. We continue to Marvin's room in silence.

I open his door and we place Marvin on his bed. We walk back out and Dad closes the door behind me. I take a deep breath and walk down the hall to my room. Dad teleports in front of me so I can't continue.

"Sawyer we have work to get to. Where are you going?" he asks cocking his head to the side. I roll my eyes in annoyance and look at him.

"Just to my room. Got nothing else to do until Malus responds, right?" I shrug my shoulders at him. He glares at me and grabs my arm.

"Come on. You need to be taught a lesson."

Sawyer's Life Turned Upside Down (An AntiSepticEye Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें