How's This For Trying

Happy Thursday everyone! I have finals in two weeks but that shouldn't effect the publishing schedule. Enjoy!

Sawyer's POV

The next day Marvin comes back from a walk with a laptop and some news.

"Sawyer I got some great news! The world is building itself back together! It's like literal magic!" Marvin shouts at me. I jump from his yell but smile right after comprehending what he said.

"That's great! Soon we can go back to our home and try to bring peace back to our world!" I yell in excitement, jumping around like a little kid. Marvin gets jumpy too and we go for a high five.

"Hey I also got this laptop so we can see what's going on around us and try to talk to people out of our world," he says excitedly as he turns it on. He goes to a website and starts the live feed for a news channel. On the screen is an ego I don't recognize.

"Hello fellow egos. This is Jim and my brother Jim and we are here to give you the latest ego news. Early yesterday morning one of our dear kingdoms was attacked. We have our brother Jim at the scene, Jim?" Jim says, who sounds an awful lot like Malus.

"Yes Jim this is very tragic indeed. What bystanders think to believe was a terrorist attack, the kingdom of AntiSepticEye was attacked and the remains are the crumbled pieces of the castle walls. The ruler, his fellow egos, and his son are missing and could've been harmed in the attack. There are no known survivors at this time. Jim?" Marvin turns it off before it can continue.

We just sit there in an awkward silence. Marvin closes the laptop and pushes it away along the coffee table.

"What was that about?" I ask him. He shifts awkwardly in his seat.

"They claim there's no survivors. If everyone hears this, there'll be absolute chaos. Sawyer, we need to act out, and fast," Marvin freaks out. I grab his shoulders to try to calm him down.

"Marvin chill out! Freaking out isn't going to fix anything. If you want to act out, we can go do so. Like shoot somebody or something," I explain to him. He looks at me and just nods.

"Great. I'll go find my gun at the castle and we can get to killing," I say as I stand up from the couch and head to the door. Marvin is still for a second but when he comprehends what I said he jumps off the couch and runs over to me as I open the front door.

"Sawyer there is no way we can get it. The castle is in shambles and we could die trying to find it," he tries to persuade me but I know better.

I continue out the door and start my way to the castle. As I find my way into a town I notice nobody is around. Anyone that is just stares at me. I ignore it the best I can and act like I don't see it.

I get back out of the town and reach the city that surrounds the castle. I begin to fast walk and hold my head low so no one recognizes me.

Just as I pass by a coffee shop of sort, someone tackles me to the sidewalk and I hear a car horn blare past me.

I push myself off the ground as I feel whoever's on top of me get off. I push myself up to my feet and dust off my pants.

"Hey kid are you okay? You almost got hit by that burning truck," a familiar female voice says. I look at them and see the ego Marvin and I talked to earlier.

"I'm fine. Thanks for saving me. I guess I really wasn't paying attention," I admit chuckling a little bit. She chuckles along with me and puts her hand to her head.

"What's your name, kid? Mine is Serenity," Serenity introduces herself.

"That's a nice name Serenity. My name is Sawyer, the best name here," I say selfishly while crossing my arms. She laughs at that and rests her hands on her hips.

"Well where are you going Sawyer? And without a parent? You don't look like an adult," she comments. I get slightly annoyed but hold it in.

"I was just heading somewhere. I had left my phone somewhere and I went to go find it," I lie to her. She accepts anyway and nods at me.

"Sounds like fun. Where is that dude you were hanging out with earlier, is he your father?" She asks me. I shake my head awkwardly and look down at the ground.

"No he's not. It would be pretty cool if he was. He's just one of my babysitters," I inform, clearly uncomfortable. She notices my feeling and backs off.

"Okay. Hey, want me to walk you to wherever you're going? We can get to know each other more, since you seem very lonely," she requests of me. I just nod and she nods as well. We walk down the sidewalk side by side.

"So, tell me about yourself since you feel the need to know about me," I tell her.

"Well, I'm not the average ego. I'm actually a combination of two humans," she informs me. I feel a but of shock from that but don't react out.

"Which two humans?" I ask her. She shrugs her shoulders and then lightly bumps shoulders with me.

"Tell me something about yourself," she commands. I nod and gulp down some of my shock.

"I'm actually an ego of no humans. Unless my father's and my mother's humans got together and had a child, but I doubt it," I tell her. She informingly nods and smiles at me.

"Your parents seem like nice people to raise someone like you," she compliments. I look away and at the ground to kind of ignore the comment.

"What? Are your parents jerks?" She rebounds.

"My mother left me at a young age. My father causes chaos at all times. Life with him is a pain. But sometimes my father let's me join him and we have some bonding time in his home," I explain to her. The memories of the run times makes me look back at her with a smile.

"Well who's your father? I can have a talk with him to treat you better," she says with some sass. I laugh at her attitude but stop almost instantly.

"If I told you, you would probably kill me," I mutter, just loud enough for her to hear.

"I won't kill anyone, I pinkie promise," she promised holding out her pinkie. I wrap my pinkie around hers and shake on it.

"Well, my father is who you called Nefas, aka Anti. Now you know," I say nonchalantly to her.

"That's odd. I actually had a child with him," she answers. I look back at her with shock. She looks at me scared and shrugs her shoulders.

"Are you my mother?"