Comes From Within

So... I've been postponing writing this because I wasn't really inspired much, and am writing other things, but I was inspired today and I may have finished the book... Yeah maybe I should've done this earlier... 🙄... Enjoy!

Sawyer's POV

Midnight, Bing and I are looking over the spell to bring me to the human world. Says we need a few things for it to work. First, a spare outfit that has my scent on it... Whatever that means.

"Hey Sawyer, how about I get you one of my outfits so the one your wearing can be the first item," Bing offers. I nod to acknowledge him. He runs off and comes back with a black shirt with yellow sleeves and some black and white basketball shorts.

"Really? Oh well, I guess. Do you have a bathroom?" I ask him. He shakes his head no.

"I do have a sort of bedroom if you wanna change there," he responds.

"Sounds good to me." He walks me through his house to the room. He stops at the door and opens it for me. I walk in and he shuts it for me. I change as quickly as I can and head back out to where we situated.

Midnight is looking over the spell carefully at a coffee table. Bing is sitting on the couch waiting for me. I wave at him and he stands as I toss my outfit at him. He catches it and sets them on the table.

"Okay Sweet Pea, what next on the list?" Bing questions Midnight, looking over her shoulder. She swats him away and hits him in the stomach.

"Don't call me Sweet Pea, but the next item It's something I do not recognize," She answers before squinting at the book. Bing and I both read over it.

"A... Joy... Aue do renovau?" I attempt to say it, but I definitely failed it. Bing sits there for a minute.

"It says 'joyau du renouveau'. It's French," Bing tells us. I look at him in shock before remembering that he is a robot. He sits down on the couch again.

"Well, what does it mean?" Midnight asks exactly what I'm thinking.

"'Gem of Revival.'"

"But why would it be needed to get me to the overworld?" I ask, sitting down at the couch to think.

"Maybe, this world is where dead people go, so you need something to revive you," Midnight attempts an explanation. I shrug my shoulders.

"Maybe, but if I lived in the overworld, I would've remembered," I state. Bing stands up, gaining our attention.

"We should go get it before Nefas' figures out what we're doing," he tells us. Midnight nods before running off. I go to chase after her but this house is so confusing I would get lost in a couple seconds. She comes back soon anyway, now with a change of clothes fit for an adventure. I now can see her dark hair and her pale skin is more noticeable, but she looking cute.

She grabs the book and places it into some sort of bag, (a satchel maybe?) And puts the strap around her neck.

"Ready to go?" I ask her. She nods and walks to the door. She opens it and jumps out. We follow her out and Bing shuts and locks behind him.

"So, where are we going?" I question Bing. I watch Midnight pick a random direction and run off. I quickly go and chase after her to make sure she doesn't get lost. She bumps into a guy like an idiot. The guy glares down at her. She backs away before running back me. I sigh and chase back after her. She then smacks faces with Bing.

"Okay, Midnight, calm down. We don't even know where it is yet," I tell her. She runs her head but nods and stands from her spot on the floor.

"Well, where is it?" She asks. I shrug my shoulders. We both look at Bing for answers.

"It's locked away underneath the castle. Since the castle has pretty much rebuilt itself, it won't be hard to get it," he explains to us. Midnight and I cheer happily.

"Let's go then!" I say happily. Midnight and I begin to happily run around like children. We follow along a path that should lead us into the town surrounding the castle. Sure enough, here we are. I don't pay attention to any of the nearby faces as they stare in our direction. Bing just walks behind to seemingly protect us. We got a bodyguard. Nice.

We approach the castle. Bing opens the outer gate and we step inside. It's been awhile. We walk up to the main doors and I open them.

"Welcome to my humble abode," I say as a joke. Neither laugh. I shut the door quickly and quietly and follow behind Midnight and Bing.

"Nefas' isn't nearby, so this shouldn't take long. As long as we can find it," Bing informs us. I nod and continue walking. He takes us down several halls, through some sets of stairs, before finally ending at a room at the bottom of stairs. Inside is a column with a sealed chest on top. I break formation and run up to it.

"Is it in there? How are we supposed to get in?" I ask them as I examine it. Midnight places her hand on a switch on the chest and flips it open," Oh." I go to grab it but Bing stops me.

"Be careful, touching it can cause you harm," He explains to me," Grab it with this." He hands me a thick cloth. I shrug my shoulders but grab the cloth then grab the item.

"Wait, couldn't we just bring the box with us?" I ask in confusion. He shakes his head no.

"Taking the chest would be too suspicious. The cloth makes it easier to hide," he tells us. I shrug my shoulders and shove it in the pocket of my shorts. We shut the chest lid and head out. Now we have to escape this labyrinth of a castle. Thankfully Bing knows what he's doing and we're out there quick.

We walk back to his house. The other two are seemingly more worried about my safety so they cloud around me, basically body checking me to make sure no one else can. We arrive at Bing's house, but someone is at the door. Crap.