Dead Ended

Today is Seán's birthday, so I'm publishing the final chapters of the book! Happy Birthday JacksepticEye! Enjoy!

Sawyer's POV

My father held onto my arm like he needed me to live. The people gave us weird, and upset, looks. Some were surprised we were even alive still. Now, sitting in my room, I begin to recollect on the past weeks.

I lay in bed thinking about how many times I've ran away, probably three times. How many friends I made, not many but I made one. Then how many people I shot...

I jot down all this stuff while laying on my stomach on my bed. When I finish my sentence I slam the book closed and toss it onto my desk. I look out the window, hoping to find someone I recognize or that recognized me.

I eventually catch sight of Midnight and Bing. They look lost, or confused. They're looking for something, or someone. Maybe they were looking for me, who knows. I slouch back in my desk chair before leaning forward and attempting to draw.

I hear a small bang from my window. I look up at it before seeing something smack it. I stand up and look further out of my window to see Midnight and Bing on the ground waving to me. I wave and open my window. One of them throw up a rope to me. I barely manage to catch it, but I do and tie it to the end of my bed.

I grab a few quick things, shove them into a little bag, and carefully climb down the ladder. I reach the dirt and Midnight hugs me excitedly with a big grin on her face.

"You're okay! I thought you died!" She cries while in my arms. She eventually let's go and smiled at me again before looking at Bing.

"We got the final items. We've set them up properly. The final thing needed is you. You ready for this kiddo?" He asks me. I nod and we head back to Bing's house as quick as we can. I take a quick glance back before following.

"Sorry Dad, but I'll see you soon."

We run into Bing's house. They rush through the house, me following best I can, and into a room in the house with dim lights and lots of items carefully organized into a circle. In the center is the gem thing we took from the castle.

"Sawyer, hold the item and stand in the center, please. This should be quick," Bing explains to me. I nod and carefully walk through it and grab the gem. I stand there patiently as Bing reads out the spell from the book. Midnight smiles at me, but it looks fake or forced. A spiral of mist swirls around me as everything becomes a blur.

"We must've messed it up!"

"Quick! Undo before he's gone!"

"Sawyer!!!"

I wake up. The spot below me feels solid. I sit up quickly and look around. I'm in a sort of clearing with plenty of bushes and leaves around. I slowly get up and walk around.

"Am I in the overworld?" I ask to no one in particular. I kick around some of the leaves before hearing some voices. I head towards a tree as quietly as I can in hopes they don't notice me.

I hear a rustling of bushes and I watch the spot like a hawk. Just then, two figures appear from the bushes. It's Zora and another ego.

"Sawyer?"