Change Is Key

Hey. So in this chapter, there is a mention of someone by the name of Nefas. It's really just AntiSepticEye but wouldn't dare say his name. Also Nefas means Wrong in latin, the w is indeed capitalized. When the w isn't it's malum. I just went with Nefas because I like it more. Okay enjoy!

Sawyer's POV

Dad rushes out the door and Marvin comes in not long after. He walks over to me and sits me up.

"What are you doing?" I ask him, kinda annoyed that he's in my bubble.

"Helping you up," he states like he's rushing himself. I push one of his arms away from me in slight anger.

"I can do it myself," I informs as I jump off the bed and stand up straight in front of him. He fast walks out the door and I follow close behind.

"What's going on Marvin?" I ask him. He ignores me as we reach the front door.

"What's going on?" I ask again in annoyance. He grabs the doorknob and opens it.

"It's best if you saw it yourself," he says as I take a look outside.

The world is in pure chaos. I first noticed the castle which is surrounded with smoldering black smoke.

There's riots all over the place, with many holding weapons of sorts. Then I see that Marvin's house is on a hill. I turn back to Marvin with uncertainty.

"This is our reality now. Anti and I have decided to have you take his place for the time being so you can try to calm the people," he notifies me. I am in pure shock and confusion.

"What can I do? He taught me to be just like him, I don't know if I can help them," I puzzle over their answer. Marvin just nods and places a hand on my shoulder.

"You aren't like him. You can feel emotion and empathy, those are the things we need in a leader to keep this world afloat," he says inspiringly. I just nod in understanding and turn back around to look at the chaos.

Marvin moves me over so he can get out the door and shuts it behind him.

"Got any ideas of what to do Sawyer?" He asks me. I nod and start walking down the hill. He walks next to me.

"What you got?" He questions me.

"First of all we need to calm the people. Understand what is wrong then figure out how to solve the problem," I educate him. He nods following along with my plan. "The real question is if they will even know who I am."

"Oh I'm sure they do, you're the fricking son of their ruler-"

"What if they don't listen to me because he's my Dad?" I say, slightly doubtful of my position.

"Well, you're not like your father in every way possible so maybe they'll be more willing to listen," Marvin explains to me.

"Let's just hope some don't know me."

***Difficult Time Skip***

As we near a mob of people taking down a random store, I notice bystanders just watching them. I walk up to one and tap their shoulder.

"Hey, what's going on?" I ask her. She looks to be in her mid thirties, her eyes shine a bright blue and her hair a dirty blonde. She looks back at a daze to me.

"These egos are destroying this store, what do you think they're doing?!" She yells back at me.

"Ok calm down I was curious. Well, what made them so mad?" I ask her concerningly. She just shrugs their shoulders and looks back at the mob.

"From what I could gather, it was Nefas' fault. They want him overthrown with a different ego and are destroying everything until there is change," she explains to me.  I nod but then look at them in confusion.

"Who's Nefas?" I ask her. She looks back at me in shock and doesn't respond. I look back at Marvin asking for an answer.

"They call Anti Nefas, Sawyer. It's disrespectful to him and his kingdom, but we know that he deserves it sometimes," Marvin informs me muttering the last sentence with a slight laugh afterwards.

"Wait, are you two alter egos of Seán?" She asks us. I shake my head no and Marvin shrugs his shoulders.

"Okay then. You two look like you are, but I guess not. If you find any, make sure to-"

"Make sure to take them to the middle of town to they can suffer," someone butts in saying it with a grin look on their face. We just awkwardly nod and walk away from them both, the one looking at us with concern.

"Well, that was uncomfortable," I admit to Marvin. He nods in agreement and holds his hands to his chest.

"Now I might fear my own life. Good thing I got magic," he says happily about the magic. I nod and we lightly laugh.

"I don't understand. Why make Jack's egos suffer? Not all of them are bad. You are a great example. We also have Jackaboy Man too, I mean come on he's a superhero! Nobody should be trying to kill him off. Then there's Schneeplestein, he's a doctor. He can cure people! Why do people wanna hurt you guys that badly?" I whine to him. He looks back at me with a silly ish expression on his face but instantly disappears.

"They know what we are capable of. Them killing off Anti won't stop him. He can take control of the other egos and live on. When he gets close to dying, he takes over Schneep's body so his can heal and protect itself. We have to make sure we all stay alive, was," he enlightens me. I simply not at his response and look around.

We ended up walking into a park of some sort. It's a pretty thick park but it all looks dead. We pause at a bench and take a seat. We sit inches apart as we look around us.

"I remember when we first came here. We all didn't hate each other like we do now. When Malus and Anti were actually friends," Marvin says randomly. I look towards him, being curious of what he says next.

"Well, what happened?" I ask intrigued. He nods and slumps back on the bench.

"Anti and I thought that we should start our own sort of government. Everyone agreed in a Monarchy type thing but nobody could agree on who. We did a vote and the final choices was Anti and Malus. Then, knowing they could rule, started to hate each other and would even sometimes include the rest of us. Until one day, they were separated, along with all the others. It was something that couldn't be controlled. Let's just hope we can reunited our world's." He stares up to the sky in thought as a pleasant breeze flows through the air.

We sit there in peace and quiet that isn't meant to last.