This Was The Beginning

So I haven't published anything for awhile. Sorry about that, I've been distracted with school and I lost motivation for writing but it's all good now! Enjoy!!

Sawyer's POV

Chase comes back in, sets down Midnight's glass, and sits in his chair. He looks blank, unsure of what to do next.

"So you two don't eat. What human things do you do?" He questions the two of us.

"I can do normal human things,like eat sleep etc, but I don't need to," I respond. He gives me a look but nods anyway.

"I sleep during the day, or what we'd count as daytime. I also only consume liquids," she tells us. We both nod, Chase seems skeptical though by that statement.

"What do you do Chase?" I interrogate him. He sighs and glances around a second before looking at me.

"I do all of the above. You guys actually caught me when I woke up," he informs us. Huh, that's odd.

"For having such as strange room to enter into, you have such 'normal' needs," I state. He just nods simply to that.

"This home was actually one of my brothers' homes until he abandoned it and let me live in it," he explains to us.

"Who is this brother you speak of?" Midnight asks him.

"Oh, his name is.. Malvin," he responds, seemingly uncomfortable by his words. Then I make a connection in my head.

"I know someone named Marvin," I blurt out. He seems intrigued by it.

"Like, Marvin, the magnificent?" He asks me. I just nod and Midnight looks wide eyed at me.

"You know him?! He could've helped better than this-"

"Hey! Don't insult him. He just got you orange juice," I yell at her. Midnight's face turns red in embarrassment and looks away from us.

"Looks like you two have quite the connection," Chase comments. I shrug my shoulders doubtfully and Midnight has yet to face out direction again.

"We just met last night. I was running from my father until I kicked her while she was in a bush," I tell him. He acknowledges me, unsure of my statement, and looks at Midnight.

"Are you okay there kiddo?" He asks her. She nods and looks back at us, her face it's normal color. She takes a sip of her orange juice, seemingly uncomfortable.

"So, why did Malvin abandon this house?" Midnight asks to get the topic off of her.

"Not really sure. He didn't give many details, but I had found him a few times with another ego, until he finally got his own home. He did tell me that this place brought back terrible memories for him. Not any that I would know though, he was made before I was," he informs us. We gesture our heads listening along.

"Interesting, what does he do?" I ask him genuinely curious.

"Isn't it obvious? He does magic, have you seen some of the books here, they have some unusual spells," Midnight exclaims, obviously annoyed with me.

"Well, since I've told you some things about myself, how about you tell me stuff about you guys," Chase requests.

"Well I'm not very interesting. I was made as an embodiment of a fan fiction
made by some YouTuber. My people call me their representative of their world," Midnight says briefly.

"That's the first time I've heard of that. Who's the YouTuber?" He asks.

"I believe it was Aphmau, not totally sure though," she states. We both give questioning glances.

"What about you Sawyer?" They both look at me intently.

"Well you already know about my father. He hasn't been around a lot since our home got destroyed to the hands of Malus. He had a fellow alter ego watch over me to make sure I don't do anything stupid," I summarize. They both nod in acknowledgement.

"Of you don't mind me asking, who is your father?" Chase questions me. I hesitate but answer anyway.

"Well, uhhhh, he's often called something I shouldn't be saying, but his fellow egos call him Anti-"

"You're father is AntiSepticEye?!" They both yell in shock. I nod, sinking into my seat. Chase jumps up from his seat, stands on the table, and aims a gun to my head. The gun has a bright orange tip, signaling that I shouldn't be alarmed.

"Dude chill with that thing!" I say and push it away from my face. He just stares daggers at me. He shoves it in my face again and, in a moment of panic, I find myself turning invisible. I slide under the table and crawl out from under it.

"Sawyer, where are you at?!" He yells again. He shoots the chair but it just bounces off and hits his shin. I catch Midnight giggling at the silliness is from that gun. I start to laugh to but Chase hears me and aims at me.

"Reveal yourself you child!" He yells for the third time. I hold my hands up and manage to turn myself visible again.

"Chase calm down, I'm not going to do anything," I say calmly. He notices my empty hands and puts down his gun. He gets off the table and walks into the other room. I got sit back in my chair and we can hear him mumbling to himself.

"Is it really true? You are really Anti's son?" Midnight inquires. I gesture a yes and her face goes pale.

"So I've been helping one of the worst people to have ever come across this place," she realizes. Though I think that I'm not that bad she obviously disagrees with me.

"I'm honestly not that bad of a person once you get to know me. Marvin can vouche for me," I reassure her. She looks at me, skeptical of my words. Chase comes in with two nerf guns and some weird strap around his head, looking to hold down his hat.

"Come on kiddo. If you think you can trick me, you're wrong. I've dealt with Anti before, if you're weaker than him good luck trying to beat me," Chase exclaims. He seems to be going insane.

"Chase what are you doing?" I ask him, partially scared for my life.

"You were planning on waiting until you got my trust then you were going to backstab me. Well that ain't happening, so come on and fight me!"

What do I do?