Who Is It

Hey. It's me. Happy Late Thursday! I'm twelve hours late from when my alarm said to publish this so... Enjoy!

Sawyer's POV

I wake up. The light shines through the window and forces me awake. There isn't a sun here so what is that light? I hear the door open and turn to see Schneeplestein standing there with a cup of orange juice. I forgot about that.

"Rise and shine Sawyer! Today's a new day. I brought you something to drink, I think you might need it," he walks to me while I sit up and I grab the cup from his hand. It's cold but warm from where Schneep's hand had held it. I take a sip before chugging half of it. He smiles at me as I place the cup onto the tiny nightstand.

"Okay Schneep, what's going on today?" I ask him. He rubs his hands together before clapping them together and pointing them at me.

"We are going to play some games, and get you a new outfit. Sound good Sawyer?" He asks. I nod excitedly and stand up. I grab the cup as we walk out of the room. I follow him as he directs us to the living room. The TV is on yet there's nothing playing. On the coffee table sits a plastic bag with what I can only assume is clothing. Schneep grabs it and hands it to me. 

"Here go put these on, when you come back I'll have some games ready." I nod and walk back to where I slept. I rip past the knot that sat on the top and dumb its contents to the bed. All that was in the bag was a pair of jeans. No shirt...? Huh, maybe he just wanted me to wear the same shirt...?

I put on the pants as quick as I can and head back to the living room. My socks sliding along the carpet floor. I find him holding a controller in his hand and another controller on the table. He turns and notices me while smiling.

"Sawyer! It's great that your back, but your outfit includes nothing but the jeans so you have to take off the shirt kiddo," he tells me. I give a dumbfounded glare and shake my head no," Sawyer... It's part of the outfit," he presses. I sigh and only take my arms out of the sleeves and stop. He gives me a death stare and I half lift it off my body. He presses on as I take it off. 

He looks satisfied but I tighten my shirt like a whip and smack him with it. He laughs at me and I just get really upset.

"Sawyer, calm down, I'm just messing with you. You can put your shirt on, it isn't required." I sigh in relief and put it back but I still give him mean looks as I sit on the couch next to him. He hands me a controller and shows me how to play.

***Big Sad Time Skip***

We hear a knock on the door. Schneep pauses the game and goes to answer it. I take out my gun and look at it just to seem like I'm distracted. My heart drops when I hear the voice of who's at the door. I try to sneak into the other room but Schneep turns back and spots me. He waves his arm to me to come greet the guest. 

I put my gun in it's holster and shuffle over to them as slow as I can. When I reach them I stare at the floor. 

"Sawyer, say hello," Schneep commands.

"Hello... Father."

"I've missed you, Sawyer." I glance up at him and he looks genuine. He smiles and I give a quick smile. He suddenly grabs me by my shoulders and shakes me violently.

"Where have you been Sawyer?! We were looking all over for you," he yells. When he lets go of me I take a step back to regain feeling in my body. I look around to avoid eye contact as an awkward silence begins.

"Well, I ran into someone, and they let me stay with them for awhile then when they found out who you were to me they kind of kicked me out. Thankfully I found Schneep's place right?" I say with an awkward laugh. Dad rolls his eyes at me.

"Yeah I guess so. Hey, that's reminds me." I watch as he pulls out a random bright red bowtie and clips it to the collar of his shirt," today we're going to dinner." A look of confusion, shock, and disbelief fills my face. He laughs and hands me a bowtie clip too, but this one is a pine green color. I clip it to my shirt hesitantly. He smiles again at me and my heart feels lifted slightly.

"Come on Sawyer, let's go to dinner!" He says as he turns around. I say goodbye to Schneep and follow my father out. Schneep looks scared, I wonder why...

***

Before I know it we're at the end of the world. Or at least that's what I called it when I was younger. My Dad pulls out a device and powers it on. I look around awkwardly as he gets it working. When he does I notice two handlebars attached to it. He holds one and tells me to grab one. I do so as he pushes a button and I find ourselves to be in a castle, but this isn't our castle.

"Welcome one, welcome all, to only the best place in the Upside-Down. I will escort you two to the dining area," I hear an unrecognizable voice say to us. Dad grabs my hand as we follow him. The man looks to be in a butler-like outfit holding a large, empty, silver plate in his right hand. I give my Dad a questioning look. He ignores it.

We reach the doors to the dining room and as the butler dude opens it, inside Malus greets us. He gets up from his seat and directs us to ours. We take our seats as I hear the doorknob rattle as it opens. Standing there is a girl dressed in all black. Ohh boy...