Darling, I Do

After an exhausting day at the office, I decided to bring one of my closest friends, Jooe, to "Momoland" - the coffee shop. It was a little gem that I found in the city a while ago and I thought it was about time I brought her here.

Jooe and I actually met when we were still interns in the office - and it all started in the mailroom. We were always stuck in the stupid basement sorting out mail and our job would involve spending the whole day delivering each envelop or package to every person in the building.

As bad as it sounds, being with Jooe made our jobs so much fun. We were pretty fast workers, and since it would just be the 2 of us in the basement, we would always blast music and fuck around, talk shit about our managers, and go out on secret coffee runs when we finished sorting the mail early.

When I say "secret," I mean we created alliances with the secretaries and receptionists at the front desk who would let us go - in return, we got them coffee too.

I remember this one time before seriously sorting out the mail, we were lectured by our manager saying we should be putting more effort in our job; be more enthusiastic, outgoing, and approachable.

     Seriously? What do you fucking expect from the girls who work in the mailroom?

When we got to the basement, Jooe talked me out of being a downer, stood up, yelled at the top of her lungs, and grabbed envelops within her reach to throw into the air. That day, we literally showered and drowned ourselves in every single envelop in the basement, laughed over nothing, and played some next throwback songs - ever heard of Tearin' Up My Heart?

Even though that day didn't really have any significance, it was a moment I would always cherish with her.

...

As we got to the coffee shop, I saw Yeonwoo and Hyebin cleaning up behind the counter. I wasn't surprised, it was almost time to close for the day anyways.

Yet again, when the door opened, all I could smell was coffee heaven. However, when we got inside, the 2 workers didn't seem to be fazed about the both of us entering and they continued cleaning; so, I decided to sneak up on them by the counter.

"HEY GUYS!" I yelled.

"WAAAH" they both jumped, giving me horrific looks and Jooe a good laugh.

"What the hell Nancy-ahhh," Hyebin cries out, "you scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry," I smiled slyly and shrugged, "I couldn't help myself."

Yeonwoo was still frozen in place. However, when she finally snapped out of it, she looks behind me and sees Jooe, "Hello there, Im sorry, is there anything we could get for you tonight?"

I chuckle and say quietly, "Its okay Dabin, you don't have to be so formal, she's a very close friend of mine."

I tugged on Jooe's hand gently to bring her over to Yeonwoo and Hyebin, "Guys, this is Jooe, she also works with me at the office. Jooe, this is Yeonwoo."

Yeonwoo flashes a small smile, "It's very nice to meet you."

Then, I gesture towards Hyebin, "And she's Hyebin, the store's owner. She's the one who made "Momoland" happen!"

Hyebin giggles, "Nancy talks a lot about you, Jooe. It's great to finally see you."

Is Jooe blushing?

Hyebin continues, "Is there anything we can get you guys tonight?"

I think I might go for my usual, "Can I please have a -"