Just a Girl's Day

It's four days til Christmas and the holidays were in full effect.

I was currently out with Jooe, Daisy, and Ahin and we were on our way to get some breakfast but I honestly had no idea where we were going because it was Daisy who found this place on Yelp. Apparently, they serve an amazing array of omelettes and eggs Benedict's - plus, it was close to a shopping district.

The nine of us agreed a while ago that we'd do some kind of Chris Kringle roulette and we'd put little gifts in a basket to pick from - soooo, we still gotta figure that out.

And it's Christmas - we needed to go gift shopping.

"Wow, this place is so cute," Ahin says in awe as we entered the building.

I totally understood why she said that - the interior gave off such a bright and natural essence. The restaurant was filled with natural light and there were plants and greens that were beautifully arranged on each table. There was even a whole wall dedicated to the nature aesthetic.

A waitress greeted us as we came in and she led us to our booth that was seated by a large window.

This place was literally a breath of fresh air and the aroma circulating the restaurant made my mouth salivate.

After taking down our orders, Jooe asks me, "So Nance, how's it with you and Yeonwoo?"

After hearing the question, I slouched in defeat, "I don't know if it's gonna go anywhere bro. But I don't even know if they're a thing."

"Yeah, I'm kind of confused too. Sometimes, it seems like they have a brother/sister relationship, but then again, why are they spending so much time together?" Daisy adds to the conversation.

"To come and think of it," Ahin intervenes, "that's very true. I'd always remember you guys would spend like every second together, but now that he's here, she's just with him all the time."

I sigh even louder, "Ugh, I don't know what to do guys."

Daisy gives me a sad smile, "Don't give up so easily Nancy." Then, she leans in closer and looks at me dead in the eyes, "You know, before all this confusion, I've been watching her and I've noticed the way she looks at you."

Jooe assertively places her hand on the table and also says, "Yeah man, back then, I was like 99% sure she had some kind of thing for you."

Ahin, who was sitting beside me, wraps her arm around my shoulder and adds, "Honestly Nance, just tell her how you feel. You'll never know unless you say something."

I thought about it for a bit but I feel like I'd just chicken out right before embarrassing myself, "I don't know guys." But then, I got an idea.

Why didn't my dumbass think of this before...

"Can you all somehow be my ears and ask Yeonwoo? Or maybe just find out if they're a thing?"

Ahin gives me a questioning look, "Why don't you just ask her?"

Just then, I lower my head in realization that if she does tell me they're together, I'd probably break down in front of her and embarrass myself for thinking I had a shot with her.

"I don't think I'd know how to react in front of her if I do find out," I quietly admit to them.

When I look up at my friends, they all shared that pitiful look.

Then, Jooe suddenly bursts out, "Don't worry bro! We'll find out ASAP! Just don't give up yet."

"Yeah girl, and we're here for you if anything happens," Daisy says.