The Final Hurrah

This is our third all-nighter in a row - and honest to God, I'm dying.

It is currently 5pm and the both of us are jogging in place with a can of Redbull in our hands. We literally haven't left Yeonwoo's room other than to go to the bathroom and make more mac n' cheese.

Yo, this was such a crazy idea.

However, we managed to fit the whole Harry Potter series within the first day as well as a shit ton if Disney and Christmas movies. Oh, and we can never forget the classic Nicholas Sparks movies and the rom-coms. But other than wasting away our lives watching random sets of movies, we did spend some time having heart-to-heart conversations and shared some embarrassing stories.

Like a few hours ago, Yeonwoo admitted to me that she tried rock climbing last year, but after getting up 5 feet on the wall, she didn't know where to place her feet next and starting panicking. She said she cried while she clung to the wall as she waited for help and all her friends teased her about it for a good month.

I, on the other hand, shared a story of when I auditioned for my school's talent show when I was 8 years old. Fetus Nancy decided to sing "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid, and obviously, I dressed like a mermaid.

The thing was, all the people that were auditioning also acted as the audience for each act. On my set, I had a huge boulder waiting for me on stage - what? I had to sit, mermaids don't have feet - and at that time, I was probably so excited to see my boulder, so I tried running to it.

Underline the word "tried."

Since I had a fucking tail, I ended up face planting in front of everyone; and to make life worse, my voice relentlessly kept on cracking while I sang. But in the end, everything was alright - I ended up getting a spot in the show and won fan favourite.

Going back to reality, Yeonwoo and I were literally a huge wreck. Our hair stuck out everywhere because we didn't bother brushing it out, our under-eyes were super dark, and our pyjamas were wrinkled - even though they were a brand new set.

Even though we made a huge mess of ourselves, I don't regret any of the mess we made. I honestly had so much fun spending these last few days with Yeonwoo that I completely forgot I had my own world outside of her house.

Despite this thought, I could really go for a fat nap. Heck, I could hibernate right now.

So I set my Redbull down on Yeonwoo's desk, wrap myself around her arm, and beg with those "Puss in boots" eyes and a small pout, "Dabinnn, can we go to sleep? I'm honestly gonna pass out."

Yeonwoo looks down at me with a small smile and heavy eyes, "We will soon."

But suddenly, she takes my face in both of her hands and looks at me with daring eyes, "But let's do something even more stupid."

I can feel my cheeks starting to warm up because of her touch, "like what?"

Her smile grows larger, and then she squishes my face and says, "Surprise. Just change into something casual." And with that, she goes into the bathroom - leaving me dazed and confused.

I wonder where she wants to go? What should I even wear?

Without another thought, I strip down to my underwear and throw my clothes onto Yeonwoo's bed as I stumbled towards my bag in attempts of find my black long-sleeved shirt.

"Ya, Nanc-"

I quickly turned around to see Yeonwoo frozen in place while holding a towel in one hand. I look up at her face and notice how red she has gotten with a dropped jaw and wide eyes. Not forgetting to mention, her eyes are nowhere near my face as they're roaming my body.