Late Night Thoughts [Y]

Yeonwoo POV
...

It was fairly late - 9:41pm to be exact - but I decided to try and find a small shop that may be open to buy a cup of French Vanilla.

In my arms, Chubz stayed attentive and quiet. I had her facing the road ahead because for some reason, she just loves looking at her surroundings. Every now and then, she'd yap and get a little fidgety, but she was a well behaved pup.

I eventually stumbled upon this coffee store right by Nancy's place and also decided to pick up a cup for her as well. This place was more of a flagship store and it was definitely bigger than Momoland - it was also a lot busier and lively. Surprisingly, the smell of coffee wasn't as pungent as Hyebin's store and the atmosphere was definitely more formal - if I could use that word. Very modern looking, cool, and clearly a shop that speaks to people who work in the office.

As I waited in line, I placed Chubz on the ground by my feet and walked in line. As I waited, I noticed that a lot of people were still in the store working on their computers.

Sometimes, I think it's crazy that people stay out this late to do work - especially being that it's a few days before Christmas. Like damn, go home to family or friends; work can wait.

"Can I help the next person in line?" the person at the register called out.

I waddled to the the counter with Chubz between my feet and smiled at the worker, "Hey, how's it going?"

Taken by surprise, the worker's face relaxes and he shares a small smile, "Pretty hectic actually, but it's slowing down. What can I get for you this evening?"

"May I have two French Vanillas please?"

His smile grows and I noticed a slight redness building up on his cheeks, "Alright, and may I get a name for your order?"

Awe, he seems like a sweetheart, "It's Dabin." Every time I'm asked this question, I just use Dabin because Yeonwoo is a lot harder to spell.

"T-that's a very p-pretty name, very unique," he stutters as he writes my name on both cups.

I chuckle at his response, "Thank you..." and I look down at his name tag, "Seung."

He flusters a bit more after I said his name, "Anytime, y-your order will be on your right."

I flash him a final smile before waiting on the side. Our interaction kind of reminded me of the first time I ever met Nancy.

I remember that it was raining crazy hard that day and the shop was pretty dead. I was in the back room when Hyebin called me to take care of a customer and the one thing I will never forget was how she took my breath away. She was wet and her clothes clung to her skin - as did her hair - but the warm lighting of the store really emphasized her as a whole.

She looked stunning and I remembered just staring at her while she looked at the menu. I was probably giving her funny looks because she kind of jumped a little when she noticed my gaze. But I definitely fell for her voice. When she first spoke to me, she stuttered and it was the cutest thing ever, I couldn't help but giggle at it. When I got her name, I remember thinking it was such a pretty name - as the worker thought of mine.

"For Dabin? Two French Vanillas," a barista calls out. When he spotted me walking to the counter, he added, "Would you like a tray?"

"Yes please."

After thanking the workers, I made sure that Chubz was waddling by my feet as we walked to Nancy's house. It was no more than a two minute walk from the coffee shop.

Once we got to her porch, my puppy shimmied her body to get the snow out of her fur and began clawing at the door. When I rang the door bell, the door instantly flew open and she greeted me with the brightest smile I've ever seen in a long time. At the same time Chubz ran inside and disappeared behind Nancy, which got us giggling.