A New Year [Y]

Yeonwoo POV

...

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I woke up to was hair in my face. I hastily removed the strands from my mouth but I couldn't help but foolishly smile.

At least I got to wake up to her.

These last few days have been the best days I've lived this year - even though we spent most of our time either in the coffee shop or cuddling in bed.

It was New Years Eve and Nancy and I didn't plan much - we did invite our friends over for dinner though. It seems like most holidays just consist of getting drunk and eating a whole lot.

I swear Nancy and I have gained ten pounds since the start of December, but I didn't mind at all - there was more to love.

Carefully, I did my best to crawl out of bed without waking Nancy and threw on a navy, silk robe. This caught Chubz's attention and as she stood up, I hushed her instantly. She then waddled to my side and I took a final look behind me to see Nancy completely wrapped in her blanket.

The sight got me smiling, but I stepped out of my room to get clean up in the bathroom. After doing my business, I hopped down the stairs and filled my puppy's bowls with food and water.

I think I'll make breakfast today - how can you go wrong with traditional pancakes?

Before doing anything, I looked at the time and noticed it was 10:37am.

"Chubz, want some music?"

She looks up at me with an adorable smile but goes back to eating her pebbles.

"Alright," I chuckled.

I connected my phone to my wireless speaker and began playing SoulMate by Zico ft. IU. The song got me swaying and gliding through my kitchen - grabbing my utensils and ingredients with ease and with an odd amount of happiness with each turn.

The next thing I knew, I was singing along and fooling around, whisking the pancake mixture and twirling around the island.

"Wow, I'm in love with an idol."

I whipped my head and saw Nancy leaning against the door frame. Her hands were crossed on her chest and a small smile was painted on her face.

Messed up hair, no make up, sleepy expression - she's the beautiful girl I fell in love with.

"Good morning princess," I smiled.

She walkes to me gracefully and cupped my cheeks, placing a small kiss on my lips. "Good morning, Dabin."

The bowl that held the pancake mix was between the both of us and when Nancy noticed this, she tied her hair back and headed to the sink.

"Can I help with anything?"

"Nah, it's alright. Let me make breakfast today."

As I continued to whisk, I heard shuffling behind me. Then, I saw hands appear from my sides, pouring chocolate chips into the mixing bowl. I chuckled and Nancy wraps her arms around my waist - hugging me from behind.

"Okay, maybe you can help me."

"Mmm?"

"Can you please get a pan ready on the stove? Get butter too."

She kissed the back of my head and responds, "On it boss."

I headed to the stove - waiting for the pan to heat up - and saw Nancy sitting on the kitchen island, staring at me like a school girl.